Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Browning Hi-power newly made frame using UN-modified Beretta 92 mec-gar 18rd mags...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Browning Hi-power newly made frame using UN-modified Beretta 92 mec-gar 18rd mags...

I wish there was a frame for the browning hi-power made to use UN-modified Beretta 92 mags, specifically the 18rd mec-gar mags.

Is this something that would be of interest to anyone else?

TED

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nope. Plenty of HiPower mags available. And I don't really care to play the ammo capacity game. 15rd mcgar mags are just fine

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well consider then that Beretta mags are FAR more abundant than Hi-Power mags, if you are not concerned with having more than 15rd it is even much more so, and there are tons of surplus Beretta mags too. Also, you could share mags between this new variant and carbines. I am not aware of any carbine that uses hi-power mags.

I really do think it is an amazing idea.

TED

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Nope. Plenty of HiPower mags available. And I don't really care to play the ammo capacity game. 15rd mcgar mags are just fine

This.

m92 mags for the P-35 will never happen.
    Re-engineering a discontinued firearm would be a losing proposition. Stock up on MecGar 15 rounders.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If one were going to re-engineer the Hi Power to utilize a different magazine it might as well be Glock magazines. Proven design, widely available, affordable and there are very high capacity options, and if you wanted carbine commonality there are more carbines on the market right now using Glock mags than there are Beretta mags.

That doesn't mean I think this is a good idea, I'm just saying if you were going to do it.....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TED View Post
    Well consider then that Beretta mags are FAR more abundant than Hi-Power mags, if you are not concerned with having more than 15rd it is even much more so, and there are tons of surplus Beretta mags too. Also, you could share mags between this new variant and carbines. I am not aware of any carbine that uses hi-power mags.

I really do think it is an amazing idea.

TED
    I have no interest in PCC. And those I'd like to have, the mp5 and Scorpion, take proprietary mags anyway. Besides if PCC is your goal then you may as well stick to Glock mags since those are far far more popular than Beretta.

Far more how? What are the numbers we're comparing? Millions to millions? It like comparing Beretta to Glock. Glock mags are far more abundant but that doesn't exactly make Beretta mags hard to find. Hell even the long out of production S&W 5906 still have easily available mags.

When was the last time you had trouble finding HiPower mags? Counting each mag Beretta might make more..... might. But the HiPower has been in production since the mid 30s and has been an issued firearms in several dozen countries for most of that time. Brits were the last ones to drop it about a decade ago. That's not to mention civilian sales and mcgar aftermarket. May as well be arguing who makes more mags Glock or Beretta!?!? If cramming in every last round is that important to you then why not go with the 19 round OEM CZ shadow mags or skip all that and jump straight to Glock. Glock mags are going to be by far the most common for both handgun and PCC.

Last edited by Arik; 10-12-18 at 06:58.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I thought I remember reading that guys used to slightly modify the Beretta mags with a notch to lock into the Hi Power.
    You can also find the Mecgar 18 round mags floating around.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I can live with the magazines. But if we're redesigning the BHP then let's give it a decent grip tang/beavertail and lose the magazine disconnect.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    I thought I remember reading that guys used to slightly modify the Beretta mags with a notch to lock into the Hi Power.
    You can also find the Mecgar 18 round mags floating around.
    I think it may be possible, but maybe not 100% reliable with all magazines. I have read it was maybe better to adapt Smith & Wesson 59 magazines since the P35 was more of an inspiration for those.

I am all about saving money, but I can't imagine anyone tooling up to make a pistol for a target audience that wants to buy a used $15 magazine(with some floating around with feeding issues due to a bad spec) so they can avoid a brand new high quality magazine for $23/$24 and all of it centering around 2 pistols that are on the downward slope of sales.

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/browning...gazines-c-121/
    Last edited by jsbhike; 10-12-18 at 10:14.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I agree with you on that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast