Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magpul magwell for Glocks...best purchase in a while

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    I have a 19 Gen 4, I use the medium beavertail backstrap and I was wondering if the Magpul magwell would fit with the backstrap on.
    As long as you order the correct version, I don’t see why it wouldn’t.

I did run into an issue...my factory Gen3 mags didn’t seat properly with the magwell installed. I noticed the nose-end was much closer to the mw compared to g4 mags I had. I put a little grind on the inside, rolled and smoothed the sharp inside edge, but the g3 mags wouldn’t lock in. I’ve taken those older mags out of rotation. The magwell is more valuable to me than the mags. YMMV.
    Here in America we are descended in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower, address, Columbia University, 31 May 1954

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Sorry to resurrect this.. just installed the magwell into my gen3 RTF frame and the stock g19 mags I have do not seat properly either.
    "Guns attract retards like moths to a porch light."-markm

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    Sorry to resurrect this.. just installed the magwell into my gen3 RTF frame and the stock g19 mags I have do not seat properly either.
    I have an issued Gen 3 G19 with 3 mags. I have my own G19 mag. This mag has the front cut out for the ambi release and the others do not.

I tried all 4 mags with factory base plates in my G4 G19 with the Magpul Magwell. The only mag that seated (locked in) was the mag with the front cut out.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    Quinn, I had the same issue. I determined it was a compatibility issue. Gen 4 or later mags work fine. And, as Magpul states, their Glock mags will work. There are plenty of affordable g19 mags available in the Equipment exchange.

Good luck.
    Here in America we are descended in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower, address, Columbia University, 31 May 1954

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12