Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .22 lr through non serviceable .30 cal can??

Feedback Score

.22 lr through non serviceable .30 cal can??

Im looking to get my first can, im looking into .30cal cans to mainly use on center fire rifles, but id also like to shoot some .22lr through it and it seems like their is a consensus that if you shoot .22lr you should have a can that can be taken down for cleaning

What im woundering is how true is this or is it a big deal?, do any of you guys shoot rimfire through yours with no issue? would shooting big calibers afterwards knock some of the junk out or maybe an ultrasonic cleaner would do the trick? (my first post so i mine as well ask a shit ton of questions lol)

Im looking for a shorter lighter silencer with a solid QD system and it seems that most of them cant be taken down

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It's definitely an issue depending on the volume. There's some toxic formula that guys have used to clean the sludge out of cans that have rimfire through them.

The best solution is to buy a dedicated rimfire can that's serviceable.... even if it takes time to save up for the purchase.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    It can ruin a centerfire rifle can. Unless you want to make liquid cancer and potentially destroy your brain.

Don't do it, get a dedicated rimfire can. You can get them for pretty cheap.

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys this seems like logical advice to me

I think im going to still get one of the non serviceable ones ive been eyeing up amd keep rimfire rounds away from it, then maybe ill get a rimfire one or maybe not who knows

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Opinion of one man, non servicable rifle can, servicable pistol can for occassional 22 use.
    I guess if you shoot a lot of 22, a dedicated can makes sense for weight / cost reasons. I dont so ymmv

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Even 250 rounds of .22 completely dirty up a suppressor. Mine is filthy after 300 rounds. I can hit it and tons of crud falls out.

Do not shoot .22 through a non serviceable can. Just don’t do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Even 250 rounds of .22 completely dirty up a suppressor. Mine is filthy after 300 rounds. I can hit it and tons of crud falls out.

Do not shoot .22 through a non serviceable can. Just don’t do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea I had to hammer off chunks of crap off one of my 22 cans after putting 1k rounds or so through it without cleaning. It was nasty. I wouldn't shoot 22 through anything other than a 22 can that comes apart.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Unless you like wasting money, do it right and get a rimfire can. It will cake up the centerfire can with carbon and lead faster than you think and the cleaning "Dip" is very toxic lead acetate that is a nightmare to dispose of legally.

Here is about 1100 rounds on a spectreII baffles:

I can manually clean these quickly, under 10 minutes with scraper tools I made for the CTA cup baffles

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tigershilone View Post
    Unless you like wasting money, do it right and get a rimfire can. It will cake up the centerfire can with carbon and lead faster than you think and the cleaning "Dip" is very toxic lead acetate that is a nightmare to dispose of legally.

Here is about 1100 rounds on a spectreII baffles:

I can manually clean these quickly, under 10 minutes with scraper tools I made for the CTA cup baffles
    Damn after 1k rounds of full auto mine didn't look that bad.

Got pics of the tools you made?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    Damn after 1k rounds of full auto mine didn't look that bad.

Got pics of the tools you made?
    See this thread, it has pics of the tools I made out of alum bar stock:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-advice-please

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast