Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sourcing metal magazines for the LMT MWS .308.........

Feedback Score

Sourcing metal magazines for the LMT MWS .308.........

All,
    I am curious if anyone has found a source for reliable metal magazines for the LMT/KAC platform. Looking around myself.....it appears that ordered direct from KAC, their metal mags are almost $100 a pop. Larue is only slightly cheaper at $79 a pop. Yes, there are the 19 rounders from DPMS and I have seen something from Brownells but have not heard anything good about either one. Is this a buy once, cry once situation?
    Thanks for the input.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    KAC mags are the kind. If you want to play in the big leagues, it's not cheap.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    If you're internet savvy and know where to look and how to search, you'll eventually come across KAC mags for a lot less than what they cost new. When you find them cheap, buy them, and slowly build up your stockpile to what you need. You can always run PMAGs reliably in the meantime.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    There's only 3 kinds of mag that I buy at this point.

kac
    magpul
    brownells

The kac mags are expensive but I usually pick them up used for 40% off.They are built like a tank and once you get a few you'll know why they are so expensive.The magpul pmags are a good choice that have proven to run fine and are pretty available everywhere.I have also had good luck with the brownells mags overall.When I get them I just go through and make sure there's no burs on any of them that would cause a feeding issue.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 03scgt View Post
    There's only 3 kinds of mag that I buy at this point.

kac
    magpul
    brownells

The kac mags are expensive but I usually pick them up used for 40% off.They are built like a tank and once you get a few you'll know why they are so expensive.The magpul pmags are a good choice that have proven to run fine and are pretty available everywhere.I have also had good luck with the brownells mags overall.When I get them I just go through and make sure there's no burs on any of them that would cause a feeding issue.
    Can you please detail your experiences with the Brownells .308 mags?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have KAC and LaRue mags. Both are great. As others have said, KAC mags can be found used for much less than buying new. Keep an eye on the Arfcom equipment exchange.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Thanks to all. I will have a look around....maybe I get lucky.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have a couple of the DPMS 19-rounders that you describe. They're not quite in the same ballpark with KAC mags, but they I have never had one issue with them either. Unless that one round fewer capacity will throw your range OCD into a fit, you can always grab a couple for use while you wait on deals for the better ones. Worth saying as well; I've never had one issue with PMags in my SR25 either.

Feedback Score
    Ive had excellent luck with ASC mags. At 1/4 the price of KAC, definately worth a try.

http://www.ammosc.com/308-sr-25-20-r...sfp=4015851036

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by onekneedown View Post
    Ive had excellent luck with ASC mags. At 1/4 the price of KAC, definately worth a try.

http://www.ammosc.com/308-sr-25-20-r...sfp=4015851036
    I'm curious, how many of these have you been using, for how long, and how many rounds are through them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast