Thread: Opinions on 4 position M4 M16 selectors...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Opinions on 4 position M4 M16 selectors...

I appreciate having the 3rd burst option but don't want to be stuck with just burst.

I know there are 4 position selectors but I have never used one.

What are your opinions?

Thanks.

TED

Feedback Score
    Limited FA experience, but I would skip 3 rd burst all together. I dont know if 4positiin work differently(never used one on an m16) but all 3rd burst Ive used required 3 rds or you get a partial burst the next pull. Controlling the FA trigger seems better for every situation. 4 positions are too much IMO.

If you are dead set on 3rd burst- disregard.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 09-27-18 at 07:14.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don't think a 4 position set up would have a great trigger, you would likely be better served with a Geissele, with practice it is not hard to squeeze off a 3 round burst even with a mil spec trigger.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    I'll second the Geissele. The mil spec setup is decent, but the Geissele makes it easier to squeeze off the burst (2, 3 4, whatever) that you want.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Limited FA experience, but I would skip 3 rd burst all together.
    This. Totally agree. I'd love to mess with the Geissele offerings.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've only shot a few full auto m4/m16s, but every one I shot with a stock (colt) trigger was terrible on position 3. It maxed out the trigger gauge at over 10 lbs on the full auto setting. I'm sure getting the Geissele would be a tremendous upgrade, and would be all you would really need.

Feedback Score
    The first question is do you really honestly like burst? Or is it something you think you would like... how much experience do you have with it?

Most guys who are well experienced do not like burst. With MGs, there's a dance--- gun recoils, you adapt to recoil, then hold it on target. The first few shots are actually the worst until you get in sync with the gun. With burst, there's this weird the rifle climbs, you walk off target, then try to pull it back down, but the burst is over. So the gun has this unnatural up-down-up-down-up-down motion to it. With auto and controlling the amount of rounds fired, you can manipulate the gun much better and control things... rather than just riding out these short and somewhat jarring bumps.

A SSF does wonders to an M-16