Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR wrap up.

Feedback Score

AR wrap up.

Current load out: DDMV4V7LW, Eotech XPS2.

What I need to finish this build so far is the BUIS, trigger, Blast Forwarding Device maybe even a Suppressor, Eotech G33, and then a light. Trying to stay as lean and light as possible. I wont be needing to reach out to 300 yards as I don't hunt with it. Just seems like a ton of stuff to put on a AR...I had none of this on my A2/M203 at Bragg (Long ago).

Of all that, I'm having the most problem with the BUIS . Found this and need your opinion. If you have time for some additional advice on the BFD, single stage trigger, I appreciate it.

I don't see any reviews, but these are really low profile and nice on a Kriss I demo'd. Since they can be used on a picatinny rail, should be fine on an AR right? Just not seeing the point to spend 200$ on iron sites when the R.Dot is my primary. If you have a better option, I'm open to that. Don't see Troy or MBus pros being used enough to warrant the money.
    Kriss

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    MBUS Pros are maybe the most utilized folding BUIS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Your right Wake, I mainly hear about them and Troy's, even LWRC has a nice set. If its worth it to get those or Troy/LWRC, then Ill get them. Just want to be sure I'm not just buying stuff without a proper understanding of the tech involved.

Feedback Score
    This is an amazing light for all you get with the price:

Tbh its worth shelling out a bit of cash for a Geissele trigger and Kac BUIS
    Last edited by Razorblade; 09-25-18 at 21:40.

Feedback Score
    Flip up BUIS, I prefer Troy. The regular Magpul BUIS are nice too and cheaper. No-flip up BUIS, I like Larue if I want removeable or Danial Defense if I don't want/need removeable.

I've only used RRA (first AR back in 2002 or so), Stag, Colt and Sionics single stage triggers. I think the Sionics is the nicest of the three.

Good luck, NYH1.
    Last edited by NYH1; 09-25-18 at 22:16.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    From Rainier Arms site:

I bought these as an alternative to Magpul Pros, or the adjustable sights from Zahal. I was looking for something that could be adjusted easily, without a tool. These proved to be flimsy, and snapped while being installed. The first time I have ever been disappointed by a product from Rainier.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    From Rainier Arms site:

I bought these as an alternative to Magpul Pros, or the adjustable sights from Zahal. I was looking for something that could be adjusted easily, without a tool. These proved to be flimsy, and snapped while being installed. The first time I have ever been disappointed by a product from Rainier.
    Are you replying to the person above you posting about Troy sights? That doesn't match up with my experiences with Troy metal folding sights.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Are you replying to the person above you posting about Troy sights? That doesn't match up with my experiences with Troy metal folding sights.
    Yeah, we have them on a few different rifles and carbines and they've been great.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    No, that was from a review of the Kriss sights that the OP posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    If they really are BU sights, I like the MBUS as they are durable and get the job done in a lightweight package.

If you'll be using them regularly as irons, the MBUS Pro & Troy are worth the $ and weight

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast