Thread: Leupold Ballistic AR Reticle Measurements - VX Freedom AR 1.5-4x20 Scope

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Leupold Ballistic AR Reticle Measurements - VX Freedom AR 1.5-4x20 Scope

Leupold has released an "AR" version of the VX-Freedom 1.5-4x20 scope with a new reticle called the "Ballistic AR". I'm thinking of picking one up, but I couldn't find any info online about what the reticle measurements were or what the BDC was supposed to represent. I contacted Leupold and the rep was very helpful and gave me the following info through email:

"From my understanding, this is intended to be used with a 200 yard zero and then your holds would be 300, 350, 400, 450, 500 and 600 yards. Of course, with different cartridges and calibers this will not be as accurate than it will be with .223/.308 cartridges.

On 4x, here is the breakdown of the subtensions:
    (measurements are from the center of the reticle)

2.87 MOA
    4.47 MOA
    6.23 MOA
    8.07 MOA
    10.13 MOA
    14.57 MOA (top of post)"
    *Update - a follow up email informed me that the stadia widths of the holdover marks represent 5mph wind holds.
    Posting here in case anyone else was interested. I'm working with the developer of Strelok Pro through email to get this reticle added. It looks to have the same BDC as the Leupold Firedot BDC Reticle that is an option on the VX-6HD Multigun scope. Reticle picture below.

174856-ar_ballistic_detail_360x360.jpg
    Last edited by seant8; 09-28-18 at 12:04.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    This reticle is now on the Strelok Pro app.