Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pur-tungsten.com Buffer Weights

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Pur-tungsten.com Buffer Weights

I just wanted to report on the buffer weights I purchased. Mods, if this is inappropriate, I apologize, please delete.

MQ105 provided a reference to Pur-tungsten.com in a recent vltor A5 buffer thread.

I visited the site and ordered a package of 3 tungsten buffer weights for $17.25 (free shipping) late Sunday night. Monday afternoon I received a ship notification and USPS 1st class tracking number and the padded envelope arrived today (Thursday).

Bottom line up front - I am a satisfied customer.

The rest of the story:

The weights were in a small zip lock baggie stapled into a cardboard "hang tag"/label. They are labeled pure tungsten, 4.5 oz and Made in China. The weights are the expected shiny silver color and smoothly finished.

I weighed and measured the weights and compared them to a set of 3 steel weights taken from a BCM H2 and a BCM A5H0 buffer.

Pur-tungsten.com:
    Total weight 4.38 oz
    Average weight 1.45 oz, .019 oz range
    Average length .617", .001" range
    Average diameter .546", .001" range

BCM steel weights:
    Total weight 1.93 oz
    Average weight .645 oz, .0004 oz range
    Average length .615", .001" range
    Average Diameter .545", .000" range

Added to the components of an empty BCM buffer:
    3 Tungsten (H3) = 5.387 oz
    3 Steel (Carbine) = 2.963 oz

The tungsten weights fit fine in a BCM (carbine) buffer body.

The good:
    Fast order fulfillment
    Free 1st Class shipping with tracking number

The bad:
    Made in China
    Payment thru Pay Pal

Weights measured with Frankfurt Arsenal digital scale
    Dimensions with 6" Dial caliper

Thanks for reading the wall of text. I hope this helps anyone considering these from Pur-titanium.com.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-28-18 at 06:01.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I appreciate the info, at least. I ordered three tungsten weights from KAK recently. Once was slightly over-sized along one edge (they immediately sent a new one), and they cost a little more than you paid. Good info, thanks.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I'll continue to use KAK tungsten buffers/etc. They are "one of us", hang together, or hang alone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    They are labeled pure tungsten, 4.5 oz and Made in China.

Andy
    Pure tungsten you say? Not possible. Leave it to the Chicoms to find a way to make the impossible possible...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I also got the same ones, off eBay.

I had to adjust the JP SCS to get my piston AR to lock back on empty. Went from all steel to one Tungsten (H). Very easy to do, and if I had a traditional carbine buffer, extra money to buy an H after I find out the standard one didn’t run right. Definitely a cost effective method.

Have similar issues with my D/I .45, which uses a standard buffer. Swapped in one Tungsten, and will see next week when I go to the range. If that works, I have two more Tungsten weights left. Any new buffers are going to be standard, and I’ll toss in the heavier weights. Should be able to make 2 more H buffers with them (unless I end up going heavier with the .45).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    AndyLate - The price on this site is $22.00, is there a coupon code? https://pur-tungsten.com/product/tun...uffer-weights/

Thanks
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I've just taken over weight buffers and re-shuffled the weights with under weight buffers to make correctly weighted buffers. As we've corrected over gassed guns, the need for heavy buffers has waned.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    AndyLate - The price on this site is $22.00, is there a coupon code? https://pur-tungsten.com/product/tun...uffer-weights/

Thanks
    Sorry, I just saw this. I assume they were on sale and I got lucky.

Andy

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sadler View Post
    Pure tungsten you say? Not possible. Leave it to the Chicoms to find a way to make the impossible possible...
    No, they do. I just stated what was printed on the label.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    No, they do. I just stated what was printed on the label.

Andy
    It's actually tungsten carbide. I'm sure the use of the phrase "pure tungsten" is just a marketing hook.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast