G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Staked front sight flew off, now what?

Feedback Score
    Hey guys,

First of all, thanks for all the advice and recommendations. Is a dovetail front sight more desirable than a staked?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's a helluva lot tougher. The only reason to stay with a staked front is if you're going for a retro look.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    It's a helluva lot tougher. The only reason to stay with a staked front is if you're going for a retro look.
    What he said.. One can get close to the retro look with the 10-8 National Match rear that fits the standard rear Colt dovetail. I have a Novak dovetail cut for my front with a Dawson fiber optic. The dovetail cut gives one options of height and style. Such as FO, tritium, gold bead, white dot, black, etc.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What he said.. One can get close to the retro look with the 10-8 National Match rear that fits the standard rear Colt dovetail and a dovetail front cut. I have a Novak dovetail cut for my front with a Dawson fiber optic. The dovetail cut gives one options of height and style. Such as FO, tritium, gold bead, white dot, black, etc.
    Last edited by 1986s4; 10-02-18 at 07:33.

Feedback Score
    Heinie uses Novak dovetail dimensions. Novaks front sights are as good as any. They're 'overplayed' because they are very high quality sights and their dovetail cuts are industry standards.
    Heinie makes a sight for the Novak cut but has their own proprietary cut for their standard sights.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Send the slide to novak and have them cut both front and back for novak cuts. Opens up your sight options tremendously. I think it was only $50 and some shipping to send them my slide. Turn aound was pretty quick.
    Been quite some time, but I have sent three slides to Novak for work, even talked to Wayne on one occasion, money well spent on all three......done right and fast too....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12