Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S&w M&P 2.0 9mm vs .45

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

S&w M&P 2.0 9mm vs .45

2.0 Compact and Shield in 9mm are both great shooters. I was very accurate with both. I found the stock trigger of the Shield to be noticeably better than the Compact. However, I would probably Apex both. I also would not hesitate to carry either, and plan to do so.

Edit: The only issue I had was pinching my hand when inserting a mag in the Shield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by scooter22; 09-30-18 at 22:46.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, scooter22.

Indeed, my Sheild .45 has a decent trigger. I expect it to get better after a thorough clean, lube, and some shooting. (The 1st one I had did)

I chose the .45 Shield for its new 2.0 features. Also preferred it's slightly larger chassis over the 9mm/.40 size. It only loses one round. People had said it recoiled less than you'd expect and that is true.

I learned the Compact 2.0 .45 has a 4.0 inch barrel and the full size has a 4.6 inch. That is the only difference. The grip length is the same.

My preferred holster makers list holsters for the 4.6 barrels but not yet the 4.0's.

I saw the 9mm Compact is available with a 4 inch barrel or a shorter one. (3.6?) I'd prefer the 4.0.

I'll have to get to a store and check these models in person side by side.

Feedback Score
    Does anybody have the weights of the 2.0 9mm Compact, 9mm full size, and .45 full size?

I'm not sure S&W's published numbers are correct.

Also, I can't find a side-by-side pic of the 9mm's and .45's. The .45 is thicker, right? Grip? Slide?

I've looked at many reviews and can't find these answers.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    They just released the 45 compact. Has a 4” bbl. I think it’s like the 2.0 answer to the 1.0 45 mid size. 10rd gun.
    If the 45 Compact is anything like my 45 Midsize I'd hop on it. My 45 Middy is probably the most accurate striker fired handgun I own. I've put 7000-8000 rounds through it without any issues. Multiple classes and general carry.

As an EDC gun I carried a G19 for the last 3-4 years and just switched to the M&P 9mm 2.0 compact. My G19 has a Wilson match barrel and an Apex flat trigger and the Vickers slide stop and mag release. When I got my M&P 2.0 I dropped in a Apex barrel and the Apex FSS with Flat faced trigger. So basically the 2 weapons are set up the same. Hands down the M&P 2.0 9mm compact is noticeably more accurate, the trigger isn't even comparable and it just feels like it belongs in my hand compared to the G19. The G19 has been given to my son and the M&P 45 middy is my nightstand gun with the 2.0 Compact being my EDC now.

Feedback Score
    Found this review of the M&P 45acp 2.0 Compact.

Feedback Score
    Thanks.

Pretty good but he never compared the triggers between his compact 9mm and .45. Nor did he show them side by side to see if the the grip/frame is wider on the .45.

But he did discuss the inserts, hight, and slide. He also said he'd be making another video after shooting.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why not just go to a gun store and look?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Why not just go to a gun store and look?

The place I ship guns to "never" answers the phone. Two other places didn't have them. Another place is big enough that while they probably have one, they dont quote prices on the phone and are a 40m drive.

I usually review what I can through the Web and then just order.

Most places charge too much as well. Let's say I can buy a pistol for $400 plus $25 ffl fee. The store either won't have the gun or if they do will want $559 for it plus tax. If they charged say, $459 plus tax, I'd buy it to support local buisness and convenience.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    The place I ship guns to "never" answers the phone. Two other places didn't have them. Another place is big enough that while they probably have one, they dont quote prices on the phone and are a 40m drive.

I usually review what I can through the Web and then just order.

Most places charge too much as well. Let's say I can buy a pistol for $400 plus $25 ffl fee. The store either won't have the gun or if they do will want $559 for it plus tax. If they charged say, $459 plus tax, I'd buy it to support local buisness and convenience.
    Id take a 40 min ride to actually feel the gun vs listening to reviews. Order wherever you like but at least get hands on first. Saying it's thicker/wider/shorter is one thing, felling it is another.

This thread started on 9/28. From then till now you could have taken that drive a 100 times and either bought one or moved on.

If I listened to reviews online I'd never own Glocks

Last edited by Arik; 10-10-18 at 19:30.

Feedback Score
    I picked up a M&P 2.0 compact 3.6" in August and I love it. Holster selection specifically for it is limited, but it will fit all the 4" and up models. I got it to replace my G26.4 that my wife took up with. I carried the G26 with the +2 extensions to get a full grip. My M&P has almost the exact same footprint. Think of it as a Glock 26x. I sold my Shield a few years ago, but the 3.6" is basically a double stack Shield with the 8rd mag.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast