Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New BCM AR Pistol

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Peace be with you.

I also mount more to the center line of my chest and pretty high, I routinely come in from and extended session with marks on my neck - I focus on head erect so eyes center in socket, bring the gun/sights to the eyes, not the eyes to the sight. So I get what you are saying about mounting.

Is your thought that a 'chest mount' would be legit with a brace?

I generally shoot my pistol AR(s) with the two point sling adjusted to stop my arms just shy of full extension - essential the Phil Singleton technique for CQB which was taught by HK.

Have you experimented with this method? I like it even better with a RDS than I did with the MP5 diopter sites.

We may disagree about LaRue, but you sure did take a nice picture her for the BCM pistol. Made my screensaver.
    I believe as an instructor, that the wording on "shouldering" is very specific. We are at a point in the law, especially with BATF, that wording is a dance. A VFG is only a VFG if it is a 90 degree angle. Alter it, and it is no longer a VFG and it is legal. BATF won't say by how much, but from what I've gathered, if it was 89 degrees, they wouldn't touch it because it isn't vertical.

26I, one of the things you will notice is that I do NOT always lock down who said what, or where my info comes from. That is for a variety of reasons, and while it understand it upsets you with some things like Larue, it doesn't change that I'm stating factual information in a manner that I need to. With the above comments, some of the information is gleaned from credible sources who simple don't want their name used. People who know me, and have been reading my stuff since the start of the mainstream internet know what I post is credible. The people who don't, I can't worry about as there will always be doubters.

Regarding a sling, I don't typically shoot with one, though the MP5 style is an exception at times and precision work is another. One of the things to remember is that Phil and others back when the infamous raid went down (blessings be upon the assaulters and their deeds), that they were unable to use iron sights due to their masks. By punching out in that manner, the masks were able to be used and the sights were again visible. Nowadays its in vogue to wear a beard to be high speed. I still shun that as I have never been much of anything other than an assaulter. I've never been a hearts and minds guy. While we aren't using masks much at all in raids currently overseas, it doesn't change that some of us still train with masks. End of rant.

Back to your question about the sling and RDS very iron sights, it is very much more effective with a red dot. There is not a doubt in my military mind the red dot is the way to go. Even guys with great eyes who love iron sights can't argue that in dissimilar lighting that iron sights are not visible, meaning the red dot is the only way to play.

I think I covered everything, but if I missed a question let me know. Regarding the Larue stuff, I'm not worried about it. If you had the same information and experiences that I have, I have no doubt where you would stand. You haven't, so I don't let it bother me. I don't think you are one of the paid shills.

I'm glad you like the image, its one I enjoy as well.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1. Any word on the bcm lower being offered on the SBA4 brace. Isn't it going to be available later this year?
    2. Do gen 3 pmags work ok in your pistol?
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12