Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New BCM AR Pistol

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

New BCM AR Pistol

BCM has released their new AR15 pistol which uses the SB Tactical SBA3 brace. The SBA3 has been considered to be a pistol "brace" by BATF, and not a stock. BATF has gone back and forth, but finally came up with the conclusion is that there is no way to hold a pistol incorrectly, and that the stock can be shouldered. I would point out there are probably not many, if any, companies which want to tell customers they can use the brace in the same manner as the stock by putting it up to their shoulder. I don't blame the companies, as the BATF isn't looked at as "the kind and helpful agency" by anyone I know of.

I would bring up a different point, and it is one I haven't heard of yet. I haven't shot an AR15 from my shoulder for over a decade. My AR15 is almost centered on my chest on the edge of my collar bone, and a crude measuring tape puts that over 5-1/2" away from my shoulder.

With the above in mind, I have been working room clearing drills, and taking the BCM AR pistol out and about for different activities. It doesn't take much imagination to quickly see the AR pistol works as well as a SBR. The SB Tactical SBA3 brace is comfortable, and adjustable for length.

Does a pistol brace actual do anything along the lines in which it was allegedly designed? I would say yes. A brace is designed to aid shooters, and those who are disabled, weakened, infirm, or elderly may all find issues with bringing a heavier AR to bear if needed. A brace has solid ability to aid those persons in ways they may not otherwise be able to shoot with the AR platform. I support this 100%, and in the same way I support the various laws for disabled persons which allow them to have a standard of living similar to their non-handicapped brethren.

For those people who mock braces and look down on anyone who hasn't flagged themselves with the SBR taxstamp, I get it. Those of us who paid extra money for a right which is already guaranteed under the Constitution have every right to be upset. However, a pistol allows you to cross state lines without concern or notifications being made. A pistol is covered under your CPL/ CCW. An AR pistol configured correctly can do just about everything a SBR can do, and with the SBA3 brace, it can now do it without looking goofy.

For those who are interested, it is my understanding that BCM will be offering the new SBA3 configured pistols in all of their shorter 5.56 and 300BLK lengths.

* Note- Federal law does not all for the use of a VFG on a pistol.

https://shop.bravocompanymfg.com/Bra...tols-s/107.htm

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

New BCM AR Pistol

It’s a legitimate configuration for the AR platform, and SB Tactical makes some great braces. Certainly a lot easier to travel across a state line with a pistol than an SBR and waiting for a brace to arrive via USPS is oddly enough faster than waiting for stamp approval ATF.
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 09-29-18 at 07:53.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have an SBA3 equipped pistol and an SBR. The SBA3 pistol isn't the perfect substitute for an SBR, but it will do.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    These must be hot ticket items. I can't find a BCM RECCE-11 MCMR-ELW (SBA3) pistol in stock anywhere.
    Last edited by MeanCarbine; 11-25-18 at 13:59.

Feedback Score
    Nice.

Feedback Score
    I just saw this, and its cool. Will they offer the lowers only (complete).

Side question, is the gunfighter forgrip (looks like a skewed vfg) considered a vfg or afg to atf?
    In other words, is it allowed on a 11.5” barreled pistol?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post

Side question, is the gunfighter forgrip (looks like a skewed vfg) considered a vfg or afg to atf?
    Grant has BCM lowers with SBA3s in stock right now. Only black though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I haven't shot an AR15 from my shoulder for over a decade. My AR15 is almost centered on my chest on the edge of my collar bone, and a crude measuring tape puts that over 5-1/2" away from my shoulder.

With the above in mind, I have been working room clearing drills, and taking the BCM AR pistol out and about for different activities. It doesn't take much imagination to quickly see the AR pistol works as well as a SBR. The SB Tactical SBA3 brace is comfortable, and adjustable for length.
    Peace be with you.

I also mount more to the center line of my chest and pretty high, I routinely come in from and extended session with marks on my neck - I focus on head erect so eyes center in socket, bring the gun/sights to the eyes, not the eyes to the sight. So I get what you are saying about mounting.

Is your thought that a 'chest mount' would be legit with a brace?

I generally shoot my pistol AR(s) with the two point sling adjusted to stop my arms just shy of full extension - essential the Phil Singleton technique for CQB which was taught by HK.

Have you experimented with this method? I like it even better with a RDS than I did with the MP5 diopter sites.

We may disagree about LaRue, but you sure did take a nice picture her for the BCM pistol. Made my screensaver.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post

My understanding is the lowers are, or will be offered by themselves.

The BCM skewed grip is NOT straight, so it does not meet the definition of a VFG. HOWEVER, from Pauls own lips, it has NOT been sent to BATF for approval.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Grant has BCM lowers with SBA3s in stock right now. Only black though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think you can get any color you want as long as its black....
    Stick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast