G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Ruger American Pistol

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,673
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Unless you are buying revolvers or 22LR pistols and rifles, it's best to steer clear of Recall Ruger.
    - Rhino

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    2,742
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Unless you are buying revolvers or 22LR pistols and rifles, it's best to steer clear of Recall Ruger.
    No love for their bolt rifles?

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,673
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    No love for their bolt rifles?

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Personally no. But I only have 1 non-rimfire bolt gun, a Tikka.

    And they do make some decent stuff, I just don't think duty centerfire pistol is remotely it for them these days.
    - Rhino

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    2,742
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Personally no. But I only have 1 non-rimfire bolt gun, a Tikka.

    And they do make some decent stuff, I just don't think duty centerfire pistol is remotely it for them these days.
    Yeah that's true. They've struggled to get a good toehold on the striker duty gun market.

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,673
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    And at the price you can get into a S&W M&P 2.0 9MM (mid-$300s), I don't remotely see the attraction to Ruger centerfire duty sized pistols.
    - Rhino

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    56
    Feedback Score
    0
    The majority of my rifles are Ruger. However my only Ruger pistols are 22’s, a 22/45 MKIII Lite and a 10/22 Charger. It’s not that I don’t like there centerfire pistols, my first one was a SR9. There’s just better stuff out there with more aftermarket support.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    2,742
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacific5th View Post
    The majority of my rifles are Ruger. However my only Ruger pistols are 22’s, a 22/45 MKIII Lite and a 10/22 Charger. It’s not that I don’t like there centerfire pistols, my first one was a SR9. There’s just better stuff out there with more aftermarket support.
    Yes generally although their 1911s are very good. Being 1911s there's no issue with an aftermarket.

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    56
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Yes generally although their 1911s are very good. Being 1911s there's no issue with an aftermarket.

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    I had a LW Commander. It was great. I traded it off for something and have regretted that. I would pick up another one if I really wanted another 45.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    2,742
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacific5th View Post
    I had a LW Commander. It was great. I traded it off for something and have regretted that. I would pick up another one if I really wanted another 45.
    I've always liked the Colt. Not sure why I haven't picked up a LW Ruger Commander.

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •