Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colt HBAR 16" cut to 11.5" without opening up the gas port?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    I'm gonna pass. He has a receipt from a local gunsmith for the cut, crown and threading service totaling $150. He's asking $300 obo but it's not worth the headache to me even if he takes less.
    HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH.

No.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is a complete upper, bcg, charging handle etc, not just a barrel.
    Oh, now you bring that up slacker. You should have updated your post so people had some idea what you are talking about.

If the entire URG was Colt, I would call it with 3 hundo.

ETA- The more I think about it, the more I would do it. Even as a 1/9 barrel.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    A 1/9 as an SBR barrel makes as much sense as condoms with pinpricks in them.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Oh, now you bring that up slacker. You should have updated your post so people had some idea what you are talking about.

Opening post said it was an upper but I added the word complete to make you feel better.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Opening post said it was an upper but I added the word complete to make you feel better.
    Did you end up getting it?

Hopefully the goofing around humor came through in my post and it wasn't taken as insulting.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    A 1/9 as an SBR barrel makes as much sense as condoms with pinpricks in them.

So you are saying it feels good and he should get it....?
    Stick

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Did you end up getting it?

Hopefully the goofing around humor came through in my post and it wasn't taken as insulting.
    Nope I understood, I shoulda included a smiley or something.

I did not. I might have went ahead and bought it but I haven't heard back from him since I made the thread. He's an older guy with no smart phone and I think he only checks his email from his home computer every couple weeks, I should have got his phone number but oh well. I found a LE trade in 6933 upper instead.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Agreed. At $300, I would buy a complete Colt upper even with 1:9 twist.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12