Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Noveske, Daniel Defense, or other? (CHF Barrel)

Feedback Score
    Can you source a Colt Canada barrel?

Im happy with my centurion 14.5 midlength. If I was in the market for 12.5 Id get a colt, or centurion (whichever was cheaper) and cut it down. A cut-down socom would be accurate, but might be a “waste of weight” due to your ammo choice.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Green tip and accuracy shouldn't be used in the same sentence!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Noveske, Daniel Defense, or other? (CHF Barrel)

Centurion 12.5

Also agree with cut down Colt SOCOM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by scooter22; 10-01-18 at 07:38.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Can you source a Colt Canada barrel?

Im happy with my centurion 14.5 midlength. If I was in the market for 12.5 Id get a colt, or centurion (whichever was cheaper) and cut it down. A cut-down socom would be accurate, but might be a “waste of weight” due to your ammo choice.
    I would have to buy a full rifle or a complete upper to get a Colt Canada Barrel. But I need to buy a couple of the same barrels just encase. In emergency situations, the trucks stop and I won't be able to buy things online. So I get multiples of the same item (Firing Pin, Bolts, Barrels, etc). Just extra insurance if anything decides to crap out on me.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I use Centurion Arms for the use you mention. My 12.5 CA barrel has seen a lot of use over the years and I doubt I’ll ever shoot it out. Solid accuracy and reliability. Not all CHF barrels are the same, not even the ones that come from the same manufacture.
    In your opinion, how do FN CHF barrels match up with CA?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I use Centurion Arms for the use you mention. My 12.5 CA barrel has seen a lot of use over the years and I doubt I’ll ever shoot it out. Solid accuracy and reliability. Not all CHF barrels are the same, not even the ones that come from the same manufacture.
    May I ask, what weight of buffer do you use? I've been trying to research it out but I'm finding all sorts of different opinions and responses. I'm aiming towards to Voltor A5 series. From what I see, the A5H0 and A5H2 are the most common used for 12.5.

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Just picked up a Hodge 12.5 and have only functioned tested. It won’t lock back the bolt on the final round with an A5H0 buffer unsuppressed with wolf gold and Men M193. It will with Black Hills 77gr TMK. I need to change to a carbine system to use a broader ammo use.

Needless to say, if you want a small port, this has it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That's hilarious. All the A5 guys would pile a special mix and match of springs and buffers until it barely ran and then claim that window of function is now wide open.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Just picked up a Hodge 12.5 and have only functioned tested. It won’t lock back the bolt on the final round with an A5H0 buffer unsuppressed with wolf gold and Men M193. It will with Black Hills 77gr TMK. I need to change to a carbine system to use a broader ammo use.

Needless to say, if you want a small port, this has it.
    I have an adjustable gas block so I should be fine.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Noveske’s barrels are stupid overgassed, at least the 16” ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That seems to be the case with the 14.5" and 16" MLs I own. I literally just got done shooting the 16". I run it with a LMT enhanced carrier, FN bolt, and H2 buffer. Ejection is between 230-330. It's crazy accurate though for a CHF barrel.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast