Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Noveske, Daniel Defense, or other? (CHF Barrel)

Feedback Score
    I guess I'll have to go Hodge Defense since the Centurion 12.5 seems to be discontinued.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    That seems to be the case with the 14.5" and 16" MLs I own. I literally just got done shooting the 16". I run it with a LMT enhanced carrier, FN bolt, and H2 buffer. Ejection is between 230-330. It's crazy accurate though for a CHF barrel.
    Mine wasn’t even that accurate. First shots out of it at 50m with BH 77gr ammo. These were all about 1.5” or so. I have a separate thread on it, but this was all after Noveske had to replace my original barrel because it had a defective chrome lining job and the chrome was flaking. Not to mention it shot harder than my issued M4 (carbine gas and A2 FH vs SF WarComp, middy gas, and VLTOR A5-3). I made excuses for it at the time and have yet to really group other barrels to compare against, but I’m done with Noveske after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Centurion 12.5

Also agree with cut down Colt SOCOM

Would you recommend a cut down colt socom over a Hodge defense?

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron-E View Post
    I have an adjustable gas block so I should be fine.
    The adjustable reduces gas, it will never give you more gas. The Hodge is tuned for M855A1 high pressure Ammo. So either you want a light carbine buffer or run always suppressed.

Feedback Score
    I love my permanently suppressed 12.5" Centurion Arms build. Sadly, Centurion is no longer making a 12.5" barrel. If I were to do the build again I'd look at the Hodge's or Triarc's 12.5" barrels.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I think I may have a line on a very very lightly used 12.5 centurion. Good buddy of mine I sold one to new in package.

That is hands down my preferred 12.5. I've also talked to Jim many times in the pre production stages of his 12.5 and that is also a good option. But I will recommend Monty's 12.5 as my first option. I do like the DD as a 3rd, and so on. Port size starts to dictate the order of the list for me at least.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 10-01-18 at 18:46.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus562 View Post
    I love my permanently suppressed 12.5" Centurion Arms build. Sadly, Centurion is no longer making a 12.5" barrel. If I were to do the build again I'd look at the Hodge's or Triarc's 12.5" barrels.
    Maybe they'll bring it back one day. I'm surprised they got rid of it. Interest in 12.5 seems to be growing.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    So I'm getting into a 12.5" build where this Carbine will be my Emergency Preparedness/SHFT gun. So although accuracy means alot, I also need quality to last. My go to ammo is Green Tip. I'm seeing all kinds of recommendations about all these different companies and what not. So I would like to reach out to the members here for input. I've narrowed it down b/w the 2 companies in the title. Are they the best in your opinion or is there something better? Price doesn't matter too much for me. I'm from Canada so most things are already expensive compared to our friends down South. And on top of that, this is a life protection tool. So I don't want to cheap out on it.
    The best 12.5 you could get your hands on is. Centurion Arms 12.5. It’s a CHF barrel, probably the one correctly gassed 12.5 and it’s a tack driver

They can be like unicorn tears.. at times hard to get your hands on one.

I might know a guy though.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I guess I'll have to go Hodge Defense since the Centurion 12.5 seems to be discontinued.
    I just sold the Centurion that I had bought prior to getting a Hodge, there was a few in stock at a few retailers that carry Centurion parts but it looks like they’re OOS everywhere now. Hodge 12.5”s are still in stock at Weapon Outfitters.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dcf1981 View Post
    I just sold the Centurion that I had bought prior to getting a Hodge, there was a few in stock at a few retailers that carry Centurion parts but it looks like they’re OOS everywhere now. Hodge 12.5”s are still in stock at Weapon Outfitters.
    Like I said....unicorn tears..

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast