Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: THE GOOD: What AR accessory has impressed you the most?

Feedback Score

THE GOOD: What AR accessory has impressed you the most?

If you're like most AR owners, you have spent hundreds of dollars accessorizing your weapon to get the setup the way you want it. You've also no doubt cussed and discussed a variety of accessories that just didn't meet expectations or "just didn't work for you."

The other side of the coin is: I'll bet you can name one "can't do without" add-on that immediately impressed you with its quality and functionality, and has become an essential part of your setup. That is, the accessory that if you break it or it wears out you would immediately purchase another one.

I guess my pick would have to be the TA33 ACOG. It has the best eye relief of any ACOG I tried. The magnification is just right for shooting from a few yards to over 200 yards. The reticle is small enough to be usable as an impromptu red dot at close range. The glass is extremely clear and has really nice light-gathering capabilities. Often on a moonlit night I can see distant objects better through the lense of the ACOG than with the naked eye.

It's durable: after a long hot day hiking in the desert I was exhausted and accidentally dropped my carbine from a height of about three feet onto the concrete porch. The gun landed right on the elevation adjustment cap of the ACOG. Horrified, I took it to the range to see how badly out of kilter it was. I found to my pleasant surprise that the zero didn't even change.

Although I know it's going to take practice to "get fast" with the magnified optic, I'm sold on its utility and durability.

Truly, I may change flashlights, handguards, stocks, slings, BUS's, and the like, but I think there will always be a TA33 ACOG on my go-to gun.

What AR accessory impressed you the most?
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 09-17-18 at 14:04.

Feedback Score
    Daniel Defense A1.5 fixed rear. All my guns without magnification have them.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Most impressed by the Recce 7 suppressor on my 9" 300BLK SBR. The only downside is how loud the 'sproing" of the buffer spring now seems.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by uffdaphil View Post
    Most impressed by the Recce 7 suppressor on my 9" 300BLK SBR. The only downside is how loud the 'sproing" of the buffer spring now seems.
    Love my Recce 7! It is amazing how much louder the action is vs a bolt gun.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Honestly i love my TA33 as well. Even looking at stuff as close as in my living room, I can still pick up targets quickly and at 25-200 yards it's awesome.

Feedback Score
    Seekins short throw ambi safety. Use it constantly and forget it's even there until I'm using a rifle with a standard safety. It's forgettable in the way essential stuff is. It's just there, and when it's not, everything feels off.

My Geissele G2S has been an evolutionary and revolutionary addition. Can't imagine life without it, until I pickup my work gun.

Trijicon MRO get's an honorable mention. For the cost, you can't beat it.
    Last edited by noonesshowmonkey; 06-22-17 at 15:54.

Feedback Score
    Arisaka scout mounts. Worth their weight in gold

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nothing flashy or fancy but I replace the grip with a BCM MOD 3 and SilencerCo Saker brake on every AR I have. The grip is more comfortable on my wrist and the silencer is more comfortable on my ears.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Impact weapons light mount. I have 3 and all have done well. I have no need for a rail and rely upon the mentioned product.
    Last edited by Krazykarl; 06-22-17 at 12:32. Reason: Clarification

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Geiselle triggers. They are a must have in my rifles and have made the biggest improvement in both accuracy and shooting at speed.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast