Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: $600 AR15 any good?

Feedback Score

$600 AR15 any good?

So I was at Cabelas today looking at their used AR's and ended up going home with a used AR15 with original box, 20 round mag, carry handle & streamlight TL3 flashlight. I paid $600 plus tax...Hopefully I got a good buy!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Good luck. I don't think this is the forum for you.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    No, you didnt...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That would depend on what you bought.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykdee View Post
    So I was at Cabelas today looking at their used AR's and ended up going home with a used AR15 with original box, 20 round mag, carry handle & streamlight TL3 flashlight. I paid $600 plus tax...Hopefully I got a good buy!
    My experience at the closest Cabela's to me is that they are fairly proud of their used guns, maybe not as proud as some gun stores I've been in, but pretty close.

Based on that, I reckon you got a used AR worth $600.00 in today's market. You really won't know until you shoot it for a couple hundred rounds to see it's function and accuracy.

Although if you told us the make and model plus condition somebody might give a knowledgeable response.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    That would depend on what you bought.
    Even if you get a good brand, who knows what the previous owner did to it. Maybe they rammed a steel cleaning rod down the muzzle, who knows?

In the current market there is absolutely NO reason to buy used.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You didn't say what brand it was so....No doubt, depends on which used AR you got. Could be a great used $600 AR or a POS.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    This went south quick, it was a joke guys... I figured you would see my Avatar and at least assume I knew a little bit about AR's!

I picked up a new in the box unfired Colt LE6920 Law Enforcement roll marked AR. It came with a 30 round Colt mag, 20 round Colt mag and Streamlight TL3 and yes I paid $600 plus tax! I could not get the money out of my pocket fast enough!!!!

I know quite a bit about AR's as I am a part time gunsmith in AZ, but what I don't know much about is posting pics on here!!!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This went south quick, it was a joke guys... I figured you would see my Avatar and at least assume I knew a little bit about AR's!

I picked up a new in the box unfired Colt LE6920 Law Enforcement roll marked AR. It came with a 30 round Colt mag, 20 round Colt mag and Streamlight TL3 and yes I paid $600 plus tax! I could not get the money out of my pocket fast enough!!!!

I know quite a bit about AR's as I am a part time gunsmith in AZ, but what I don't know much about is posting pics on here!!!
    Your joke fell dead flat but that sounds like a damn good deal to me as a non expert. I'd buy 3 at that price!
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    While this thread belongs in GD, I think it's worth noting that this is the second NIB rifle I've seen sold at a Cabela's used gun rack for an unbelievable low price in the past week. The other was MAK90 NIB in the wrap, all accs. for $399.

If you got a NIB 6920 model with the carry handle for $600 than that is about the same type of deal as the Norinco. Thinking I might go check out my local Cabela's this weekend.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast