Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ra 5.7 Uppers

Feedback Score

Ra 5.7 Uppers

Anyone here what the deal is? Did they decide not to make them?

I would think now the PS90 is available their niche market is gone.

BTW, yes I know it's not a good defensive round. Yes, I know it sucks. Yes, I know the 50 round magazines reportedly have spring problems. It's not a matter of 'need' or a 'defensive tool' it's a range toy, nothing more.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    For those that don't know what Dport s talking about: http://www.rhinelandarms.com/

I have not heard anything new about it.

I am hearing from I-Shot that they are getting a lot of requests for for them to create a discreet case for the P90. So there LE agencies running them.

C4

Feedback Score
    On another board I was told by a Rhineland customer that they were trying to catch up on R22 production. This was about a month ago, but you could try calling them at 972-342-2105.

With that said, I think their R22SD (MP5SD like) looks like a cool little rimfire.
    The luxury of freedom was not free.

Feedback Score
    I had a lower set aside just for the 5.7 upper, but I'm thinking of getting another POF upper instead. In fact, unless a miracle happens I think I'm going for the piston gun.

Feedback Score
    Hi Dport,
    Regarding the POF upper, I was about this close >><< to buying one. Their reliability/cleaning claims were impressive. I am not a fan of the rail they use, and was considering the upper that uses M4-looking handguards. But after reading this post at 10-8, I decided that I would give another year to hear more feedback (and the Colt 1020 should be out by then).
    http://www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads...0&page=1#24148

I figure that the instructors that posted in that thread see more AR variants in the same hard-use conditions that I would put my weapon through, so their input ways more with me than the average poster. Also, no one I know personally has one, so it is a pretty expensive guinea pig for me to test with.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisara
    Hi Dport,
    Regarding the POF upper, I was about this close >><< to buying one. Their reliability/cleaning claims were impressive. I am not a fan of the rail they use, and was considering the upper that uses M4-looking handguards. But after reading this post at 10-8, I decided that I would give another year to hear more feedback (and the Colt 1020 should be out by then).
    http://www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads...0&page=1#24148

I figure that the instructors that posted in that thread see more AR variants in the same hard-use conditions that I would put my weapon through, so their input ways more with me than the average poster. Also, no one I know personally has one, so it is a pretty expensive guinea pig for me to test with.
    I have a 13.6 POF with a Krink perm attached. I have the M4 handguards. I have no need for a full rail system. I love the gun. IMO the recoil is less than the HK416, and it's damned easy to clean. The only problem I had with it was of my own making.

Since this 5.7 upper is vapor-ware and doesn't seem likely to manifest anytime soon, I'm thinking about a 14.5 with a phantom perm attached, with an Accupoint in a LaRue mount.

Feedback Score
    I think its a cool innovation if it works. Peru uses the 5.7 for CQB. I have an FN FiveSeven and boy a 30rd mag weighs as much as an 8rd 1911 mag. If it was legal to have the SS190 rounds it would really make it worth it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    30! or 20? 30 would be nice...

Feedback Score
    Why? The SS190 ammunition offer very poor terminal performance...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR
    Why? The SS190 ammunition offer very poor terminal performance...
    The SS190 did fairly well in killing all terrorists that seized the Peruvian embassey back in the 90's. Many of which had on soft body armor.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast