Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: What is a "young mans" sport/sporty car these day's?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I thought the 370Z I drove for a day was too quiet; I didn't notice any harshness and definitely ran it through its entire rpm range. The one I drove loved to rev. They even put a red light in the dash that illuminates somewhere around 6500-7000 rpm.
    Yeah, that rev limiter light is programmable. I have mine set at 5500 RPM. If I ever light that sucker in 6th gear, I'm doing over 100 mph. I have to be careful with that car, especially passing a line of cars. It's so solid that 100 mph lacks the drama that would normally keep me in a more sane speed range.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have friends with hellcats, ZL1, Vette and you know what they all are wanting? A new Shelby GT350. That car has an 8500 rev limiter and is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    I have friends with hellcats, ZL1, Vette and you know what they all are wanting? A new Shelby GT350. That car has an 8500 rev limiter and is amazing.
    Kenneth, you better tell your friends with said buyers remorse to research the 5.2 Voodoo's engine's failures...Ford did an amazing job IMO making such a large flat plane crank engine & like I said, tried to buy one. However, the evidence is now out & the vibration issues it sees on the road course needs to be addressed. It is simply blowing up on an unfortunate regular basis when ridden hard. That doesn't mean it isn't a good choice for a street warrior, but if you are a track rat...better forget it & from what I hear on the mustang forums is a warrantee loser for Ford & will not be available much longer.

The bigger question is what are we going to see with the new GT500?? I hope they hit it out of the park!! I'm not a brand name guy & did my research with the ZL1...having said that, I chose the F150 when my boss asked me what my next company truck should be. My wife drives a 15 Tahoe. The car I traded in for my ZL1 was a 14 Durango Hemi.

Another issue to consider is Ford will not officially run at Nurburgring like GM does & they need to jump on board. If you look at / google the top 100 times at this track, the GT350's time it is from an individual and not from from Ford. GM owns the top three when it comes to top shelf handling sports car. The LT4 engine in the Camaro ZL1 & ZL1 1LE is actually does better on the track than the Vette Z06 because of the heating issues. That is why there is no official Z06 time. Now they got the LT5 in the Vette ZR1 which is a monster with a story yet to be told. I don't think the new GT500 will handle either the Camaro or Vette, but hope it does. Competition is what keeps this game fun.

Here is the 18 ZL1 1LE at Nurburgring...all you have to do is look up the top 100 times and see a GM car beating all the super cars costing 2x-4x as much.

This is insane for a $70k car...The $500,000 Ford GT is lucky to be in the same game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4zSIVpVMaw
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    I think I saw the OP say something about wanting something done for $30K. I read 2 doors, stick, and V-8. What I didn't read was how open are you to older cars? Why not take an older muscle car, and build it? You may not be rich, but $30K is a nice budget. A lot can be done with that. A nice one can be bought for that already done. There is no better way to get the attention than with a classic.

Some rich douche can be sitting there showing off his Lamborghini, and if you were to drive up in a nicely done '66 Chevelle, or a '63 Fairlane 500, the crowd would ALL walk over to check you out.
    Last edited by daddyusmaximus; 10-06-18 at 11:13.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Young guys in their 20’s who want a performance car they can afford are probably looking at a Subaru WRX. Some will still gravitate to the Camaro SS or Mustang GT, but those are the ones who have better jobs, and may also cross shop BMW’s in that price range.

I did the Camaro Z28 and 6 speed manual when I was 19-21. Fun car, damn thing was a ticket magnet.... or maybe I was.

Then a turbo VW. Then a turbo Subaru.

Then cooled my jets in a 1/2 ton pickup that I still have.

In 2015 I bought a Chevrolet SS. So I’m back into RWD, V8 goodness. Albeit with 4 doors, and stealth. The Chevrolet SS might be the ultimate troll car since 99.9995% of other drivers have no clue what it is, the car is hilarious. The fact that it handles superbly thanks to 50/50 weight distribution, magnetic shocks, and careful chassis tuning... and also stops (Brembos!) on top of being pretty quick is icing on the cake. I will admit the siren song of bolt ons and a cam for the LS3 under the hood are calling, because more power will be even more hilarious while compromising none of the utility or comfort of the car day to day.
    Bad-ass car. I wanted one when they came out. I ended up with Fords answer to them, the 2003 Mercury Marauder. Same concept, different execution. I love mine as well. I call it "the gentleman's hot rod". It's getting the engine rebuilt after 164K. I should have it back this afternoon, or tomorrow... I'm so excited...

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    Bad-ass car. I wanted one when they came out. I ended up with Fords answer to them, the 2003 Mercury Marauder. Same concept, different execution. I love mine as well. I call it "the gentleman's hot rod". It's getting the engine rebuilt after 164K. I should have it back this afternoon, or tomorrow... I'm so excited...

Did you do any performance upgrades to your engine? If so what? I also kind of digged those Marauder's.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    This is a straight rebuild. I've a CJ7 frame up build right now that is taking most of my spare money, (and the entire garage) but I do have my eye on a supercharger in the future if I can ever save up for one. It's my daily, and it's really all I need as is.

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Cool

I REALLY wanted the Marauder convertible, but it never went beyond "concept." And this one-off.

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Those Marauders are awesome sleepers.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There was an article I read about a year ago about a guy who bought a Marauder as a possible investment in thinking that it may be a limited run. He has something like 80, miles on it. Starts it up once a week to let it run.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast