Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: USSOCOM Selects Nightforce For Squad-Variable Powered Scopes

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    It’s now official. SIG won both the USSOCOM second focal plane contract AND the Army DMR optic contract, both with the Tango6 1-6.
    Ewww.

-Not daylight bright (commercial models aren't but allegedly components are same)
    -Unproven design
    -Company has only been selling optics for what, 2-3 years? And none of those were produced by them, just rebranded.
    -Field of view/eye box is pretty shitty, especially compared to Razor 1-6 which is currently being fielded/used

I'd REALLY like to know why Sig is getting so many contracts recently.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 10-10-18 at 23:10.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Ewww.
    Follow the money, what former decision makers now work for SIG and which current ones soon will.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    The contract optic and mount will both be commercially available as well. The red dot in the BDC reticle has a lockout feature between the settings which is pretty cool.
    I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to a LPVO... but what is a red dot lockout feature?
    US Army Infantry 2008-2012
    LEO 2012 - Current

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    The optic will allow you to use only the red dot and not the entire reticle.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The optic will allow you to use only the red dot and not the entire reticle.
    How does that work with an etched reticle? Does the Tango 6 have an etched reticle?
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Ewww.
    Price. The biggest reason they won the M17/18 contract was price. So more than likely, they were awarded these two second focal plane optics contracts based on price, however, Sig has been doing a good job of making exactly what their .mil customers want, so there is that as well. Keep in mind that this optic and mount combo will be fielded as part of the SOCOM SDMR rifle system and this also plays a big role in field support, sustainment, and follow on contracts.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    How does that work with an etched reticle? Does the Tango 6 have an etched reticle?

This is not a 1 for 1 Tango6, it is a variant of the Tango6, so there are some features on it that aren't on the current commercial offerings.

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    This is not a 1 for 1 Tango6, it is a variant of the Tango6, so there are some features on it that aren't on the current commercial offerings.
    According to SIG, it will be released to the commercial market. When, is anyones guess. I'm more interested in the color and mount combo than the grey color they currently offer.
    US Army Infantry 2008-2012
    LEO 2012 - Current

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    It’s being reported that the only difference aside from aesthetics is final assemblt takes place in the US. If that’s accurate then feature/performance would be the same.

Also, Sig assembling the optic isn’t really a selling point for me considering they’ve never manufactured an optic before, they simply rebrand from others.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 10-11-18 at 15:43.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It’s being reported that the only difference aside from aesthetics is final assemblt takes place in the US.
    Oregon.....wilsonville..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast