Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: USSOCOM Selects Nightforce For Squad-Variable Powered Scopes

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)

USSOCOM Selects Nightforce For Squad-Variable Powered Scopes

http://soldiersystems.net/2018/10/01...to-21-million/

Late last year, Naval Special Warfare Center – Crane, working as the weapons procurement arm of the United States Special Operations Command, released a solicitation to industry for Squad-Variable Power Scopes to be used on M4 carbines to to 600m.

The plan was to buy First Focal Plane Scopes and other associated items as a 100% set-aside for small business, while a Second Focal Plane Scope and other associated gear would be full and open competition.

Today, they announced the First Focal Plane contract, awarding a little over $15 Million initially to Nightforce. Ultimately, the contract could be worth as much as $21 Million.
    The Optic is the ATACR (Advanced Tactical Rifle) 1-8x. It is similar to the commercial variant except that it will be in FDE and utilize a custom BDC reticle specified by USSOCOM.
    Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 10-01-18 at 23:27.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Makes sense. It's the best lpvo on the market right now and it was purpose built to win that contract.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Have they announced the Eotech replacement yet? I remember last year or so they solicited all they major red dots and thought for sure we would see that before the LPVO. Great job Nightforce! Between the recent USMC contract and this they are on a roll!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Have they announced the Eotech replacement yet?
    http://soldiersystems.net/2018/09/29...eotech-sights/
    Last edited by brushy bill; 10-02-18 at 07:25.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Have they announced the Eotech replacement yet? I remember last year or so they solicited all they major red dots and thought for sure we would see that before the LPVO. Great job Nightforce! Between the recent USMC contract and this they are on a roll!
    LOL! We did see it before the LPVO. It was announced that Eotech won a few days ago.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    That was soooo two days ago. Keep up.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I wonder what model it is... A part of me says it's probably the EXPS3-0 with the updated and improved internals but another part of me is thinking that it's a new model that is being withheld so that it can be revealed at SHOT 2019 lol.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What rifle they gonna pair the scope with? 600m on m4 seems stretch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kukworld View Post
    What rifle they gonna pair the scope with? 600m on m4 seems stretch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Late last year, Naval Special Warfare Center – Crane, working as the weapons procurement arm of the United States Special Operations Command, released a solicitation to industry for Squad-Variable Power Scopes to be used on M4 carbines to to 600m."

URG-1 I suspect.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I anticipate Vortex will win the second focal plane contract.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast