Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rogers Super-Stoc for $15 shipped is this a knock off or the real thing?

Feedback Score
    You have to understand, eBay is a haven for airsoft parts.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    Yeah, I never understood the draw to procure firearm parts and accessories intended to go on a firearm that might be utilized in a life or death encounter off of eBay.

To date I've only purchased said articles from reputable retailers.

But as usual YMMV.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Yeah, I never understood the draw to procure firearm parts and accessories intended to go on a firearm that might be utilized in a life or death encounter off of eBay.

To date I've only purchased said articles from reputable retailers.

But as usual YMMV.
    I agree, there is no way I'd go there.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    The sad news is... Many big name manufacturers licence their designs to the airsoft people. I never understood that practice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks about as safe as buying from a newly registered member with just enough activity to sell in the EE.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    As someone who has purchased things like stocks from less than reputable retailers, I can say it has never been worth it. They messed up an order and sent me the wrong one, even when I finished the refund request, the stock still didn't work right; overall bad fit and lever failure to allow stock movement. So, it was just never worth it.

I go to eBay for things like a classic Marlin .30-.30 C model sight hood. Or Sight elevation bar. Possibly some Ruger 10/22 buffer, or cheap vaping accessories.

But, overall, I tend to avoid things like grips, stocks, etc. It just saves a lot of headache.

I have, however, had amazing results from Chinesium made Charging handles.

Would I put a China Ambi handle in my Go To Rifle? No, Raptor will stay there. But for a range gun? Sure, they have a decent fit and finish for what is the cost of a milspec handle elsewhere.

MOST IMPORTANTLY:
    DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, buy optics on eBay. Most of the sets of KAC Micros, Matechs are fakes. You might find some legit (probably "questionable acquisition" style) but most are just fake junk. Same with the Magpul BUIS, just flat out junk compared to the real things.

Some of the red-dots work wonderful for most peoples day-to-day-plinkin and fun. But, for real serious stuff, gotta go reputable.

Example of another situation: I was on a local forum, I met a guy in person to pick up a SRS; seemed legit, had the right case, lens pen, warranty books, all the like.

No Night Vision settings. Yeah, I got an amazing deal on it, the article claimed he was a guy going through divorce and wanted a quick sale. I used Paypal to pay him, on the spot, through non-friends and family. When I found out later, through some research, it probably wasn't authentic, I contested it, emailed him, and tried to contact him. Never heard back from him, never wanted the item back. I got my money, and I am sure it was a fake that he's been selling in various ways for awhile.

Always watch what you buy, stick to reputable sellers, and, if no other option, make sure you research what it should do, or shouldn't do, to the best of your ability to avoid getting ripped off on the spot.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 10-03-18 at 17:14.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yup and the same with Amazon. Also a lot of counterfeit chicom shit for sale on both.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12