Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 200 Scar 20S available

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Buddy brought his 20S home tonight.

And I noticed something while helping set up a VCAS on his rifle: There's no, "Made in Belgium" on the rifle, anywhere. It just lists the South Carolina FN location on it. I wonder if this means that FN will be or is tooling up to produce the 17S and 16S in the US, as well.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Buddy brought his 20S home tonight.

And I noticed something while helping set up a VCAS on his rifle: There's no, "Made in Belgium" on the rifle, anywhere. It just lists the South Carolina FN location on it. I wonder if this means that FN will be or is tooling up to produce the 17S and 16S in the US, as well.
    The 20S is the first 100% USA made SCAR unlike the 16/17 which are partially made in Belgium and finished in the South Carolina plant due to import restrictions.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I noticed with my LGS's latest batch of SCAR 17Ss, that the markings on the receiver have changed, although it still lists Belgium, it also lists South Carolina, rather than the Virginia on the earlier batches (and some other minor differences).
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I noticed with my LGS's latest batch of SCAR 17Ss, that the markings on the receiver have changed, although it still lists Belgium, it also lists South Carolina, rather than the Virginia on the earlier batches (and some other minor differences).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_Herstal

FN America is the American subsidiary of FN Herstal; FN America was formed by the merger of FN's previous two American subsidiaries: FN Manufacturing and FNH USA.[3] FN Manufacturing, located in Columbia, South Carolina, was the manufacturing branch of FN Herstal in the United States, producing firearms such as the M249 and M240 machine guns and the M16 rifle, among others.[3] FNH USA, located in McLean, Virginia, was the sales and marketing branch of FN Herstal in the United States.[3] After the merger, the facilities in South Carolina and Virginia remained, but with integrated management.[3] A United Kingdom based manufacturing facility FNH UK is now also in operation.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    RSR put up a listing for Scar 17s rifles with a new SKU and the only difference is that the end of th description lists made in America so I looks like there will be American made SCAR 17s on the market shortly.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    None of what you posted explains the new markings.

Call_me_ski's post might.
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Honestly, considering the time / effort / expense to make SCARs in Belgium and import them, I wouldn't be surprised to see them start 'making' them here - at least the receivers with Belgian parts, or whatever is legally required to make the "Made in the US".

HK does it, Glock does it. And it's not like FN USA is a small time importer, ramping up to manufacturing. The are pumping out weapons daily for the US Military so it would make sense if there is a civilian demand signal for SCAR 16/17s here and a business case to making them instead of importing them, that they would go that way.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234