Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 200 Scar 20S available

Feedback Score
    Yes, I'll get one of those as well.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    With a limit of 200 packages this is a pure collection interest piece. Not much of a difference between this and the Semi-auto M249s in that respect. They will be sold out and then turned around and marked up on firearm auction sites.

If you want a .308 FN for use just buy the 17s, a Geissele pack, and a stock/rear plate/fore-end from KDG adding $925 to the initial sticker shock. Buy your optic/mount of preference and turn 1:$1.00 ammunition into noise.

Feedback Score
    The package is reasonably priced when you add everything up. I believe some people were predicting a five figure price for a base model, if these were ever released to the civvie market. Years down the road I don't think you will receive much of a financial premium for the 'collectors edition' over the 'stripped' base model 20S. Just wait for the base model, if you don't need the case and other components.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'm glad FN is finally making good by bringing it to market, even in this limited fashion.

Not on my buy list as my 17 does everything I want it to but it's not grossly over-priced IMO.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The package strikes me as an excellent value, I could have seen them asking twice as much.

Its nothing I'm looking for or id jump on it. I do have a 17s and love it.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I've got one coming, will post a review. (base model, not the kit). Hoping the anodizing isn't as bronze as the internet is showing. If you look at pimping out a 17S with Handl/Kinetic/Lancer parts, this thing is actually cheaper than a fully upgraded 16" rifle. Granted, that's not an apples to apples comparison--but I was originally looking at picking one up and buying the 20" barrel to make it a DMRish version. My parts cost for that rifle would have pushed it well past the MSRP for the SCAR20.

20" FN barrel $1100
    Geissele trigger $325
    Rail $280ish (pick your flavor)
    Stock upgrade $300

I wish it had the MK20 muzzle device-- that thing does not appear to exist in nature.
    Last edited by ryanm; 11-09-18 at 10:47.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    My next question is will FN have a 6.5 CR barrel coming out soon, the new rifle is supposedly marked multi caliber.

(zoom in)

https://fnamerica.com/products/fn-sc...s/fn-scar-20s/

Does not look like it accepts the SCAR17 barrels--or if it does the process is at least somewhat different. There appears to be more bolts involved.

https://fnamerica.com/rifles/fn-scar-series/

If they make a 20" or 24" 6.5CR barrel for this, I will crap my pants.
    Last edited by ryanm; 11-12-18 at 21:48.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm View Post
    Does not look like it accepts the SCAR17 barrels--or if it does the process is at least somewhat different. There appears to be more bolts involved.
    FYI, from a couple years ago:
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint Lynch
    Keep in mind the Mk20 SSR is not just a Mk17 with a heavy barrel - it has a different, more rigid trunnion, improved trigger, enhanced buttstock, and a modified receiver (or at least it did when I left). The only unchanged parts were the operating / bolt group.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Gotta say I saw like 5 of them at one gun show the other weekend. I have to wonder how many they actually made.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm View Post
    My next question is will FN have a 6.5 CR barrel coming out soon, the new rifle is supposedly marked multi caliber.

(zoom in)

https://fnamerica.com/products/fn-sc...s/fn-scar-20s/

https://fnamerica.com/rifles/fn-scar-series/

If they make a 20" or 24" 6.5CR barrel for this, I will crap my pants.
    The barrel lockup is changed on the Mk20/20S to make it more rigid, it will not interchange with Mk17/17S barrel assemblies.

" Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast