Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 200 Scar 20S available

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    Gotta say I saw like 5 of them at one gun show the other weekend. I have to wonder how many they actually made.
    Were there variations in the FDE or were they mostly bronze?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    [QUOTE=MountainRaven;2675867]The barrel lockup is changed on the Mk20/20S to make it more rigid, it will not interchange with Mk17/17S barrel assemblies.

Roger that, really hoping for some caliber options to hit the market in a much more timely manner than the original SCAR release. Having a 20" 1 in 10 twist SS option in .308 would also be nice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm View Post
    Were there variations in the FDE or were they mostly bronze?
    I didn't pay enough attention. One vendor had his for like 4 grand. The others were listed at like 5000 to 5500.

I was there to meet a sot I know and drop off a check for a masterkey(I bought a second one). I also found a new in box hk usp expert for 900 bucks in 45acp. That came home with me.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    The Geissele trigger is awesome (as to be expected).

And I was surprised by how light the 20S is. Lighter than an LMT, for sure - and a better trigger. Stock adjustments were easy and super smooth. For the five minutes I handled it, I liked it.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    If I remember right the SCAR side rails were plastic.
    I was about to call you out on that, but after thinking back to it, I remember noticing they're deceivingly hard plastic.

Glad I dumped it.
    Nobody ever got shot climbing over the wall into East Berlin.

Delivering the most precision possible, at the greatest distance possible, with the highest rate of fire possible.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    There are multiple aluminum options out there for the 16 and 17. The 20 looks to have a wholly new rail system.

Mountain Raven, how was the FDE on the one you handled? I’ve seen a few variations on the Internet. Mine comes in tomorrow, I’m really hoping for more of the mk20 look but I’ll be happy with it regardless. Been waiting for this thing to hit the street for a long long time.

The FN forum seems to think caliber changes will be coming but not until after the guns with the new variations are out.
    Last edited by ryanm; 11-14-18 at 07:06.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    We had a 20S come in on Monday with a damaged lower/bolt catch. Someone smashed the little protective nub beside the bolt catch, deforming the plastic into the slot so the bolt catch won't rotate under its own spring tension. It would be interesting to know how this got through QC, but perhaps I shouldn't be surprised: an owner on a different forum had their 20S show up missing a couple screws in the side rails.

The rifle is currently on the way back to FN.

As for color, the receiver is yellow, almost like RAL8000.

Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Wow, with the limited production and high price tag--I didn't expect that kind of an issue on delivery! Hoping mine shows up intact, will go over it carefully.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm View Post
    There are multiple aluminum options out there for the 16 and 17. The 20 looks to have a wholly new rail system.

Mountain Raven, how was the FDE on the one you handled? I’ve seen a few variations on the Internet. Mine comes in tomorrow, I’m really hoping for more of the mk20 look but I’ll be happy with it regardless. Been waiting for this thing to hit the street for a long long time.

The FN forum seems to think caliber changes will be coming but not until after the guns with the new variations are out.
    It was FDE-ish. Didn't strike me as being too gold or too green or anything particularly unusual, like some of the 16Ss and 17Ss I've seen.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Received mine today, no issues to report with QA/QC. I wish the anodizing on the upper was darker. It’s more like Geissele DDC. Depending on lighting it looks like FDE or it looks yellowish. Trigger is good, feels a lot like SSA. Definitely on the heavy side with scope and bipod—gotta be pushing 15lbs. Stock adjustments work well—this is a VERY solid design. Cheek weld is awesome. Will weigh it next week and take it out to shoot. Overall happy so far, really want to put it side by side with my SR25 and do a comparison. Will take some outdoor pics next week as well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast