Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Ruger PC Carbine?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Opinions on Ruger PC Carbine?

Figured this would be the best section for this.

Since I've got a ton of Glock mags and I've always thought G should've put one out themselves... it makes sense to pick one up to me.

Something fun when shooting steel (I don't have a pistol caliber long gun)

Feedback Score
    I have one and like it. I also have a Marlin Camp 9, which the Ruger is similar too. The advantages to Ruger are take down ability, threaded barrel, more durable stock, and Glock magazines.

I mounted a Vortex Viper (Venom, Razor?) on mine. It will run a plate rack nicely.

There is also a short section of pic rail on the bottom of the fore end that now has an offset flashlight.

Definitely fun to shoot. And, matches are starting accommodate PCCs.

If given a choice of 9mm AR or Ruger, I would almost go Ruger. The AR is nice to have the common manual of arms, but, for size/weight and efficacy of the round, I think the Ruger has a lot to offer.

Feedback Score
    I'm interested in it. But we need a pistol version to put cheek pieces on and such. Would also slow velocities for the guys with mufflers.

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I know not to expect much - but what kind of accuracy are we talking about at 100m?

geezer john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Mounted a Romeo 5 red dot from Sig and have 2000 rounds through mine. Lots of fun. That being said, after the 600 round mark started to get ftf/fte. Typically every 100 rounds or so a case fails to extract causing the bolt to stop in its tracks and prohibiting another round to chamber. American Eagle 115 and 147gr, Sig 115 and Blazer 115 and 124 as well as Win NATO have all been involved. I will say that Federal Syntech 150gr was never involved in any malfunction (400 rounds). That leads me to believe that heat may be a an issue. Meaning, when the rifle gets very hot, and it gets VERY hot after 300 rounds the probability of a malfunction seems to rise. Syntech is noticeably cooler.

Have cleaned and lightly oiled three times and have asked Ruger for a Return Authorization that i received via email.

I marked several new Glock mags to troubleshoot or narrow the cause and no one magazine was isolated.

Having looked at the all of the Ruger forums and available reviews on Youtube reveal that i'm not alone with this problem. The Ejector on the Glock magazine well being the common denominator. One guy on Youtube fixed it by swapping out the Ejector from the spare Ruger Mag well. So it is beginning to look like after a period of time (600-1000 rounds) the ejector bends to the point of being unreliable.

Update: no problems with the Ruger or standard Glock mags. NJ compliant 10 rounders seem to be the culprit on this rifle.

Not sure whether i'm going to keep this toy.
    Last edited by PLCedeno; 10-19-18 at 07:33. Reason: Update

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Is this platform considered good to go now when using standard Glock Mags, or is this rifle delegated to range toy status?

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    It has too much of a FUDD look to it for me. + the adapter to me is lame. JMO

Feedback Score
    I recently handled and shot one at the range in exchange for them shooting my M1 Carbine.

Like an M1, or a buddy’s camp 9 I have tried in the past, or a mini-14,
    It is a handy little carbine,
    With the lesser ergonomics vs an AR as expected.

I am also not a huge fan of mag adapter inserts.
    Even though I own a few guns with them,
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    About the most satisfied with a gun purchase I have ever been. It functions perfectly, is accurate for its intended purpose, and just a hoot to shoot.
    If I had to find one negative, I would have to say it is wreaking havoc on my supply of 9MM.

Feedback Score
    PCCs are a really easy thing to enjoy.
    I had an earlier Ruger (from Bill Ruger's self-righteous period of 10 round mags), and eventually found some aftermarket 20s.
    It worked well enough, and a buddy still has it.
    Not crazy about the peep sight way forward on barrel; they must have been concerned about losing zero when taking it down.
    Consider a Scorpion.
    Moon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast