Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Ruger PC Carbine?

Feedback Score
    I have not fired one but am anxious to pick up the newer one in .40 S&W. I have wanted a Glock powered .40 carbine for a very long time. While I would have been happy enough to track down an AR-15 style rifle I have been unable to find out that is as affordable as the Ruger; 9mm AR style carbines are readily available and I have one. just nothing in .40

Feedback Score
    UTS, bolt slap being what it is in 9mm blowback carbines, wonder what a .40 would be like?
    Moon

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    UTS, bolt slap being what it is in 9mm blowback carbines, wonder what a .40 would be like?
    Moon
    That's why the AR platform makes more sense. Buffer weight can be played with to the shooter's taste. Not to mention all the muzzle devices that are out there.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Would someone be willing to explain what bolt slap is?

Feedback Score
    With blowback guns, be they handgun or carbine, most of what you feel as recoil is actually the bolt hitting the frame at the end of its travel. Bolt slap.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    Just picked up a Ruger PCC in 9mm. Back in June I shot exactly four rounds out of one that Woburn Sportsmen Assoc. staged as a pickup gun at the MA State IDPA Championship. That experience and The very reasonable price sold me (in comparison to so many 9mm AR pattern carbines costing so much more).

I have a Leupold DPP on order. Pretty obvious mounting that on the receiver P-rail is way too high to co-witness (the irons (lower 3rd of glass). Various suppliers make a P-rail that mounts in place of the rear irons on the barrel. Skinner sights also makes an even lower-mounting plate expressly for the DPP replacing the standard Ruger rear irons. Do any of you have any experience forward-mounting a DPP (with Leupold’s rear iron sight option) in place of the standard Ruger rear irons, specifically whether the front sight then aligns in the lower 3rd of the glass?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I love mine might get another one.

Max

Feedback Score
    With blowback guns, be they handgun or carbine, most of what you feel as recoil is actually the bolt hitting the frame at the end of its travel. Bolt slap.
    Moon
    This only happens in the non AR platforms where there is no buffer tube to absorb the recoil of the bolt.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Moon
    This. My Colt AR6951 kicks more than my 6920.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if Ruger fixed the injector problem yet?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast