Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blem or Overstock CCI Primers

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Blem or Overstock CCI Primers

I was in a local gunstore this weekend and picked up 4 packages of CCI No. 41 primers. The sticker from the shop labeled them "FACTORY BLEMS OR OVERRUNS" and they were priced at $5.88 per package of 294. The price is pretty good if they function ok. They are unplated brass.

The store sells a LOT of CCI ammo, including factory seconds. They have had CCI .22 lr seconds in black boxes, factory second Green Tags, etc.

I thought the blem/overstock primers were interesting and who buys primers in packages of 294?

Andy

P.S. They are arranged in 14 rows x 21 in case you were wondering.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-23-18 at 22:39.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I haven't bought primers in so long, I can't tell if that's a bargain.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I stocked up on primers a few years ago and have not been reloading .223/5.56 for too long, so I have not bought any either. Midway is clearancing them for $28/1000 but they are hazmat, so add a bunch for shipping. I think about $40/1000 is the going rate, which is hard for me to beleive.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-24-18 at 12:31.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I hear you! I swear I rember getting WOLFs 8 years ago for $14.99 per thousand before hazmat. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought that's what Wideners price was in the glory days. Prices are nuts these days.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I stocked up on primers a few years ago and have not been reloading .223/5.56 for too long, so I have not bought any either. Midway is clearancing them for $28/1000 but they are hazmat, so add a bunch for shipping. I think about $40/1000 is the going rate, which is hard for me to beleive.

Andy

I paid $30 / 1000 for CCI small pistol at a gun show lately.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I haven't bought primers in so long, I can't tell if that's a bargain.
    I think Uni-Vibe's 3 cents per primer cost is a fair metric; I paid 2 cents per primer. Not the steal of the century, but a modest cost saving IF they are overruns or appearance only blems.

Now I need to find some Blem TAC...
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-25-18 at 06:43.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Now I need to find some Blem TAC...
    Man... TAC used to be so cheap, it was silly. One of the big online dealers had a decent promo going last month. I can't remember who it was now, but it was tempting if I weren't broke.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I hear you! I swear I rember getting WOLFs 8 years ago for $14.99 per thousand before hazmat. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought that's what Wideners price was in the glory days. Prices are nuts these days.

Your are correct markm, myself and another buddy bought 50K of those Wolf primers @$14.99. Yes those were the Good Old Days !!! I just went to a Gun Show a couple weekends ago (have NOT been to one in years) and scored pretty good. I bought 5K Winchester SPP for $29 bucks per 1000 and got 3K of CCI BR2 LRP (match primer) for $44 bucks per 1000. I felt pretty good about it ! Before this the last "killer" deal was the S&B Primers @ Cabela's for $19.99 with $20 hazmat and Free shipping but that was a year or so ago,, Scored 20K SPP before I was all done ! Always wanted to try the rifle primers but never did. Powder Valley still has LRP for $24 bucks per 1000. I'm sure they would work fine for normal blasting loads but maybe be surprised if they did well in match stuff. We are gonna put in a order in a month or so, maybe I'll try a few and let ya know. https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/prod..._type_brand=or

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    Your are correct markm, myself and another buddy bought 50K of those Wolf primers @$14.99. Yes those were the Good Old Days !!!
    I still have 35k of them. They're reserved for 77 gr OTM, and we run whatever else for 62gr stuff.

Feedback Score
    A few years ago, Remington primers were on sale for around $15/k. Myself and my buddy split 30k, but those are long gone. A few months later the CCI #41s were on special for around $20/k. I certainly miss those days.

I was looking through some powder I don’t normally use to load a few hundred rounds and found an old pound I’d never opened of IMR. The sticker on it said $14.99. The last time I bought powder locally it was $32.99/lb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast