Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ronin Shuto Belt Review

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Has anyone compared the Ronin Shuto to the Blue Alpha Gear belt? The BAG inner belt seems better and is 1.5". They're both $140.

https://www.bluealphagear.com/produc...uble-belt-rig/

LSHD, are you experiencing any movement of the KYWIs and UBL over the Molle? I'm wondering if I'd be better forgoing the Molle...
    Last edited by scooter22; 11-27-18 at 20:40.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Has anyone compared the Ronin Shuto to the Blue Alpha Gear belt? The BAG inner belt seems better and is 1.5". They're both $140.

https://www.bluealphagear.com/produc...uble-belt-rig/

LSHD, are you experiencing any movement of the KYWIs and UBL over the Molle? I'm wondering if I'd be better forgoing the Molle...
    No, I'm not. Honestly, I probably shouldve bought the BAG instead.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    No, I'm not. Honestly, I probably shouldve bought the BAG instead.
    For what reasons exactly ?

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    For what reasons exactly ?
    I don't use the molle at all, I really hate molle and the Ronin has weird molle as it is. And the 1.5" belt is exactly what I needed.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like you have buyers remorse after what was a generally positive review. I don't think you should dwell on it much.
    You have great belt. If the inner belt is too wide, Ronin sells a 1.5" inner belt. You can always try that to see if it addresses useability. The Molle doesn't interfere with anything if you don't use it, and BAG has it too. I have the Shuto and no complaints really except inner belt width.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GetYourBoots View Post
    Sounds like you have buyers remorse after what was a generally positive review. I don't think you should dwell on it much.
    You have great belt. If the inner belt is too wide, Ronin sells a 1.5" inner belt. You can always try that to see if it addresses useability. The Molle doesn't interfere with anything if you don't use it, and BAG has it too. I have the Shuto and no complaints really except inner belt width.
    FYI, BAG makes one without Molle

Feedback Score
    If you're debating the merits of the Ronin Shuto belt vs the Blue Alpha Gear belt, you'd be remiss in overlooking the very excellent AWS Light Assaulter's belt.

https://www.awsin.com/products.asp?i...BoCl10QAvD_BwE

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikemike555 View Post
    If you're debating the merits of the Ronin Shuto belt vs the Blue Alpha Gear belt, you'd be remiss in overlooking the very excellent AWS Light Assaulter's belt.

https://www.awsin.com/products.asp?i...BoCl10QAvD_BwE

DO the KYWIS and holster slide laterally along the belt or do they stay in place?

Feedback Score
    DO the KYWIS and holster slide laterally along the belt or do they stay in place?
    AWS sells hook and loop molle panels which can be added to the belt. A double pistol mag pouch would take up one panel, a rifle mag pouch would fit one panel. Etc. Panel's are $8 apiece.

The LAB belt is lined with hook inside and the excellent liner belt has loop on the outside. Each panel slides over the belt with the aid of a plastic "spoon" about three inches long which stores in a hidden flap in the liner belt. Once seated with the hook and loop between the outer belt and liner belt, the molle panel is very securely situated.

The UBL belt attachment for my holster likewise is kept more securely in place because the sides are sandwiched between the inner and outer belts. I usually run a thigh strap between the UBL and the holster.

The AWS belt is super rigid and well-made. I have a Ronin Tactics Taskforce Belt and two AWS LAB belts and construction-wise they're more than just cousins- you can't convince me they didn't all come from the same factory.

Last edited by bikemike555; 01-07-19 at 03:12.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123