COBRA Buckle
    Tactical Load Bearing Belt w/ PALS Webbing
    Hook and Loop Inner Belt
    Fully Adjustable for Comfortable Fit
    7,000 lbs Tensile Strength for Solid Colors
    5,000 lbs Tensile Strength for Multicam
    TAA Compliant
    MADE IN USA

I've had this belt now for a few weeks, and have worn it on probably ten range sessions for rifle/pistol. I've tried the padded battle belt twice now with HSGI and VTAC and just do not like it. I wanted something that felt like my duty belt at work. Hearing all the rave reviews for the Senshi belt from Ronin, I figured I wanted to go with their company. Then I found their Shuto belt, which eliminated the D Ring (I'll never rappel again in my life). I received it quickly, it was true to size, and the construction and quality was top notch.

The Shuto belt comes with a 2" stiff velcro underbelt. In my opinion, it's too wide. While it will fit into most belt loops, it's a chore to get it into a pair of jeans. I'd traded it out with my duty inner belt which is 1.5", and it's much better. Once the inner belt is weaved through the pants, just attach the Shuto and you're ready to go. It's extremely secure, and does not ride up when moving or riding in vehicles.

The Shuto is very stiff and holds gear very securely. The molle loops are different than standard molle, both in width and spacing. You may have a hard time utilizing some molle pouches. I HATE molle, so everything I bought mounts via belt loops. The thickness of the belt keeps all belt-loop mounted pouches securely in place.

Overall, I am very pleased. I would have liked to have tried some cheaper options, like the Blue Alpha Gear duty belt. However, Ronin Gear is seemingly the top of the line, so I am, happy to own something that will last for a very long time. I like this belt so much that, if my Chief were to ever allow us to go away from basketweave leather, I'd buy another as a duty belt.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Thank you for the review.

As a side note; for anyone who will not need/does not want the integral MOLLE and is looking for a more affordable alternative, AWS (who also happens to be the manufacturer of the Ronin kit) sell the LAB. It's the same DNA as the various stiff Ronin belts, just without the MOLLE sewn in.

https://www.awsin.com/proddetail.asp?prod=50725

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    Thank you for the review.

As a side note; for anyone who will not need/does not want the integral MOLLE and is looking for a more affordable alternative, AWS (who also happens to be the manufacturer of the Ronin kit) sell the LAB. It's the same DNA as the various stiff Ronin belts, just without the MOLLE sewn in.

https://www.awsin.com/proddetail.asp?prod=50725
    What's the wait time for just the belt do you know. I tried to contact these guys a couple years back because the Webpage was a mess to navigate : Looks as though that hasn't improved much. I know the belts a good Product and a steal for $60.00 . Just curious how long it takes to get one : I know with Ronin it's in stock and shipping is usually that same day.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    The one I ordered in May 2017 shipped within 24 hours.

You can also call AWS directly at (910) 488-2255 Mon-Sat, 1000-1800 EST.
    Last edited by GTF425; 10-04-18 at 12:25.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The one I ordered in May 2017 shipped within 24 hours.

You can also call AWS directly at (910) 488-2255 Mon-Sat, 1000-1800 EST.
    Called they are Out unless I want a rope D Ring : Otherwise 2-4 weeks maybe longer : They weren't all that friendly : I called at end of day with 1/2 hr left : I also emailed 2 days ago No response : IYO are they the quality of the Ronin? do you have a Ronin to compare? I assume that quality probably comes down to stitching so anything with molle loops would be heavier Stitched :

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Ronin Shuto Belt Review

AWS quality is the same as RONIN imo. Same folks. But yea comms suck

I ran my AWS for a year or so in my previous gig. No issues. I like that you can put the molle panels wherever.

But if I were building another I’d look at maybe one of the offerings from GCode. I like that you can adjust pouches lower with their molle mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 10-05-18 at 13:48.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker53 View Post
    Called they are Out unless I want a rope D Ring : Otherwise 2-4 weeks maybe longer : They weren't all that friendly : I called at end of day with 1/2 hr left : I also emailed 2 days ago No response : IYO are they the quality of the Ronin? do you have a Ronin to compare? I assume that quality probably comes down to stitching so anything with molle loops would be heavier Stitched :
    AWS makes the Ronin kit.

All of my issued AWS kit was top notch and have had nothing but good experiences with their CS; both in person and over the phone. I had questions about a BTAP I ordered and have nothing bad to say about how they helped as well as their patience.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    AWS makes the Ronin kit.

All of my issued AWS kit was top notch and have had nothing but good experiences with their CS; both in person and over the phone. I had questions about a BTAP I ordered and have nothing bad to say about how they helped as well as their patience.
    I asked Ronin and was told that's a false Internet Story : One that hasn't effected them so they haven't bothered to discredit it : I agree construction is probably identical : Other then Ronin uses certified Buckles >(Whatever that means) I took your recommendation and ordered the Aws : To try : Currently have Esstac -G-code and HSGI mag pouches : So will see what goes best. At $60.00 That's 1/2 the price of the Ronin. My Friend ordered a High Threat Concealment Belt : SO will have that to compare : Thanks for your input

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker53 View Post
    I asked Ronin and was told that's a false Internet Story : One that hasn't effected them so they haven't bothered to discredit it : I agree construction is probably identical : Other then Ronin uses certified Buckles >(Whatever that means) I took your recommendation and ordered the Aws : To try : Currently have Esstac -G-code and HSGI mag pouches : So will see what goes best. At $60.00 That's 1/2 the price of the Ronin. My Friend ordered a High Threat Concealment Belt : SO will have that to compare : Thanks for your input
    AWS Inc is run by Tu Lam’s father. Tu has absolutely used AWS to manufacture his branded kit over the years, and this is not a bad thing.

Reference pic below, taken from the Ronin Tactics website minutes ago:

5B6BB805-5776-43C6-98F0-1673DA9F9300.jpg

I’m not knocking Tu Lam, AWS, or Ronin. I have been issued and personally purchased a lot of AWS kit over the past decade and I also hold Tu Lam in the highest regards. If Tu was able to source a different manufacturer for his belts, then that’s excellent because it can only mean his business is booming.

I hope you enjoy the AWS belt.
    Last edited by GTF425; 10-07-18 at 10:46.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I don’t know anything about the AWS stuff, but my Senshi belt has been fantastic, other than the inner belt that it ships with. I agree with the OP that it’s too wide for an inner belt and don’t like that it’s just an overlap style. I replaced mine with the inner belt from a Crye MRB and the pair has worked perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast