Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ronin Shuto Belt Review

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I don’t know anything about the AWS stuff, but my Senshi belt has been fantastic, other than the inner belt that it ships with. I agree with the OP that it’s too wide for an inner belt and don’t like that it’s just an overlap style. I replaced mine with the inner belt from a Crye MRB and the pair has worked perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Which Inner Belt is that ?? I was also looking at High Threat Concealment's Belt : I am gong to be working 2 days a week as Plain Clothes Security in an Area School > I need a Lower Profile. But also want something that will hold up at the range : At the School I won't be carrying a rifle : But would like to carry 1 Rifle Mag as a Rifle will be close at hand : But they are being a little to cautious. Administrators either want the stored rifle Unloaded or Loaded and Locked. So we opted to leave a Rifle in areas that we can get to them . But Carry the first line ammo on Person. All while looking like a School Teacher I've old and Sold a Ronin (ONLY BECAUSE IT WAS 1 Size to Big) Great Belt . And it probably will work go . So long as I don't have a D-ring : IMO The D ring would make it slightly less Profile
    Last edited by Rickenbacker53; 10-07-18 at 14:40.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker53 View Post
    Which Inner Belt is that ?? I was also looking at High Threat Concealment's Belt : I am gong to be working 2 days a week as Plain Clothes Security in an Area School > I need a Lower Profile. But also want something that will hold up at the range : At the School I won't be carrying a rifle : But would like to carry 1 Rifle Mag as a Rifle will be close at hand : But they are being a little to cautious. Administrators either want the stored rifle Unloaded or Loaded and Locked. So we opted to leave a Rifle in areas that we can get to them . But Carry the first line ammo on Person. All while looking like a School Teacher I've old and Sold a Ronin (ONLY BECAUSE IT WAS 1 Size to Big) Great Belt . And it probably will work go . So long as I don't have a D-ring : IMO The D ring would make it slightly less Profile
    http://soldiersystems.net/2013/11/17...-riggers-belt/

Its the bottom one (labeled) in the second picture and the third picture shows it worn. I'm not aware of them being sold separately, but I found that the MRB inner and Senshi outer makes the perfect pair.

I'm not sure how it would work for plain clothes however. I assume you're trying to keep it all concealed under a cover garment? My guess is that the HTC, or other belt paired with a Raven Copia Combo or BFG pouches would be much more concealable.
    Last edited by Wake27; 10-07-18 at 16:38.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Pretty nice review at all

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have the Ronin Senshi belt and everything you mentioned above are spot on. I did have some slight issues when I first bought one which I should’ve paid attention to more. I ordered a medium belt which is good up to waist size 34 but they did have a disclaimer stating that you should go up one size. I sold my medium to a buddy and bought a large one along with their pouches. I like the medical pouch due to the quick access with quick pull out feature. Both orders were sent timely as promised. I highly recommend this product.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rakkasangrunt187 View Post
    I have the Ronin Senshi belt and everything you mentioned above are spot on. I did have some slight issues when I first bought one which I should’ve paid attention to more. I ordered a medium belt which is good up to waist size 34 but they did have a disclaimer stating that you should go up one size. I sold my medium to a buddy and bought a large one along with their pouches. I like the medical pouch due to the quick access with quick pull out feature. Both orders were sent timely as promised. I highly recommend this product.

The sizing chart on the Ronin site says medium is for 36" to 38". If you're a 34 you should have been a small according to them...

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker53 View Post
    I asked Ronin and was told that's a false Internet Story : One that hasn't effected them so they haven't bothered to discredit it : I agree construction is probably identical : Other then Ronin uses certified Buckles >(Whatever that means) I took your recommendation and ordered the Aws : To try : Currently have Esstac -G-code and HSGI mag pouches : So will see what goes best. At $60.00 That's 1/2 the price of the Ronin. My Friend ordered a High Threat Concealment Belt : SO will have that to compare : Thanks for your input
    Which would you recommend, Ronin, AWS, or High Threat? Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just got my Ronin Shuto today. Very impressed with the initial feel and look. I've already put my edc stuff on it (1911, esstac double mag pouch, gerber multitool, cat tourniquet) and worn it walking around and driving for a few hours. A little more bulky than I'm used to, but comfortable to wear and doesn't shift around so far. I'll have to give a good review after I've had it a while.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerdave View Post
    Just got my Ronin Shuto today. Very impressed with the initial feel and look. I've already put my edc stuff on it (1911, esstac double mag pouch, gerber multitool, cat tourniquet) and worn it walking around and driving for a few hours. A little more bulky than I'm used to, but comfortable to wear and doesn't shift around so far. I'll have to give a good review after I've had it a while.
    You’re EDC’ing a Ronin belt? Wow.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerdave View Post
    You've piqued my interest.... How do you conceal all of that?

As someone who has worn a duty belt of some kind for the last 10 years of my life, I can't imagine wearing one all day by choice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I generally wear blue jeans with a flannel or tropical shirt untucked, which covers everything pretty well. Wide shoulders and a small waist work in my favor too.

As for comfort or whatever, I'm used to carrying a lot more than just a little gun belt, so I'm not bothered at all.

Weight of belt with everything on it- 6lbs. Whoopie.
    Last edited by rangerdave; 11-27-18 at 18:23.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast