View Poll Results: Did you receive the Emergency Alert that went out today?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I did

42 84.00%
  • No I did not

8 16.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did you receive the Presidential/ Emergency Test alert?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    First thing I've ever seen on my cellphone from President Trump that didn't make me roll my eyes.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This was announced on the news a few days ago already that this test was going to be sent out.
    It’s part of the same wireless alert system that we’ve had for years, except most/all of those alerts are regional based Amber/ hazardous weather type alerts.
    This alert is triggered by the White House & sent by FEMA to announce national alerts (911 & such) & can’t be opt out of.

Many people are in a tizzy because of the “Presidential” title & the current political climate. Honestly, it’s something we should’ve had right from the get go & really isn’t news worthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Received on a Samsung. Two Sony phones on the same tower did not. All three were on the same carrier but the Samsung was getting and sending messages/calls over the carrier whereas the Sony phones were set to Wi-fi calling.
    Last edited by MorphCross; 10-03-18 at 17:30. Reason: Additional info.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Cool

In the event of a NATIONAL emergency, one of two "'80's Alerts" (depending on the SITREP) will play on my computer.

Damn... can't post but one video per post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0AxrOUJ62E
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'd like to go back to that. I'm not a phone drooler like so many... but I upgraded do to everyone sending me stuff that couldn't be read on a non-smart phone.
    Once people started texting heavily, I got stuck getting a smart phone. I couldn't stand tapping buttons three times to get to the letter or numbers I needed.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    Honestly, it’s something we should’ve had right from the get go & really isn’t news worthy.

I agree 100%. If apple and google can troll through my phone and filter results, I might as well be notified for real if there is a terrorist attack.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    First thing I've ever seen on my cellphone from President Trump that didn't make me roll my eyes.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yeppers

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    There is zero Civil Defense and Executive Orders against “hoarding” so I wonder how this “feature” will be misused in the future.

Until the laws are changed and money and other resources diverted to protect the people who purportedly own the land color me “not impressed.”
    IIRC it was the NDAA of 2012 that has something in there about .gov COG and the requisition of "hoarded" supplies from the populace.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Got it around lunch time here. Has to be regionally based since it seems like people all over the country got it between 11-1300. I wonder if I can claim PTSD with the VA from the false missile alert several months ago...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast