Quote Originally Posted by Sean Price View Post
2. Whats with the fixation on FSB? I think I remember why from my past foray into the world of AR-15 but just in case, someone break it down for me..
FSP is like anything else. Some like having it, some don't. I like them on my carbines with RDS. I have flip ups on my Mk12 clone. I'm going to build a 14.5" Recce Rifle upper and will use a gas block and flip up sights. It's all opinions.

4. Is Mid Length v/s Carbine length even a thing anymore? WHO won?
Not sure anyone won. Both are readily available and used.

FYI: From my previous hey-day, before I left the AR-15 world. All thats left is my 1st 2 original AR purchases.. a brand new SEALED in the box Colt 6920, and a Daniel Defense DDM4v3.
You have two great blasters for sure. Set them up how you like them.

I think what I will do is build 1 "normal AR-15 to get a handle on things, and then from there build the 2 SBR's.
Sounds like a plan. Lately my favorite AR/M4 platform rifle to shoot is my AR15A4 w/20" barrel, carry handle open sights, regular A2 grip and plastic A2 style handguard.

P.S. right after I purchased the 6920 there was some noise about certain models of them being worth more, something about COLT changing a proprietary bolt for a industry standard one thus potentially making the pre-change 6920's worth more? Does that ring a bell to anyone? I believe that may be why in addition to time constraints why i NEVER even opened up the box for my 6920. As maybe I was thinking its a potential heirloom I would be able to pass on to my family?
That's your choice. I shoot my Colt quite a bit.

Good luck, NYH1.