Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WoW, The AR Game Has Changed.. Is There Any Book That Covers Modern Day AR-15 Builds?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Price View Post
    2. Whats with the fixation on FSB? I think I remember why from my past foray into the world of AR-15 but just in case, someone break it down for me..
    FSP is like anything else. Some like having it, some don't. I like them on my carbines with RDS. I have flip ups on my Mk12 clone. I'm going to build a 14.5" Recce Rifle upper and will use a gas block and flip up sights. It's all opinions.

4. Is Mid Length v/s Carbine length even a thing anymore? WHO won?
    Not sure anyone won. Both are readily available and used.

FYI: From my previous hey-day, before I left the AR-15 world. All thats left is my 1st 2 original AR purchases.. a brand new SEALED in the box Colt 6920, and a Daniel Defense DDM4v3.
    You have two great blasters for sure. Set them up how you like them.

I think what I will do is build 1 "normal AR-15 to get a handle on things, and then from there build the 2 SBR's.
    Sounds like a plan. Lately my favorite AR/M4 platform rifle to shoot is my AR15A4 w/20" barrel, carry handle open sights, regular A2 grip and plastic A2 style handguard.

P.S. right after I purchased the 6920 there was some noise about certain models of them being worth more, something about COLT changing a proprietary bolt for a industry standard one thus potentially making the pre-change 6920's worth more? Does that ring a bell to anyone? I believe that may be why in addition to time constraints why i NEVER even opened up the box for my 6920. As maybe I was thinking its a potential heirloom I would be able to pass on to my family?
    That's your choice. I shoot my Colt quite a bit.

Good luck, NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ...I NEVER even opened up the box for my 6920.
    ..."I married her, but never even kissed her"...

Go shoot the rifle.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    ..."I married her, but never even kissed her"...

Go shoot the rifle.
    ha, you have no idea.. my NFA goodies came home 1st qtr of 2017, they been in the safe since.. won't even mention the Shotties purchased in 2015..

Part of it is this crazy thing called LIFE, the other big part is the ONLY range that allows rifle shooting is about an hour away..

HOWEVER everything changes as of now, one way or another I will play with my toys!

This post is giant 1st step for me!!

I thank you all for the input and insight and just general talk.

ALL OF IT is eye opening and has me ready to take the next steps!

thanks again!

oNe

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234