Thread: Safariland vs Ops Core Helmets?

Feedback Score

Safariland vs Ops Core Helmets?

I've been pretty dead set on picking up an Ops Core for my first ballistic helmet. But I've recently became intrigued with the Delta 4 and Delta X from Safariland. So I was wondering if anyone had experience with Safariland helmets and can offer their experiences with them? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Check out Hard Head Veterans..

They are pretty good people and have done their homework.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prdubi View Post

I did. But I live in Canada. There are companies that can import things so ITAR isn't a problem. But HHD said they don't do single Helmet orders because the cost of exporting would cost more than the helmet.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prdubi View Post

I don’t remember where, but there were some claims a year or two ago that were not good for them. Can’t remember how credible it seemed either, but nothing I’d ever heard of from any of the other helmet manufacturers, and armor is one thing that I don’t believe should be gambled on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    HHV helmets are decent, and if you are going to be using it simply for training, you are probably going to do just fine. If you're looking for a ballistic helmet that you are going to be trusting your life to, go with a proven and reputable manufacturer. Revision, Gentex, Ops Core, Team Wendy, Crye all offer high cut helmets that are far superior with regards to ballistic protection than these lower cost companies importing materials from china and other third party manufacturers.

I have no experience with Safariland helmets, but their reputation with other armored products is pretty good. It is likely some version of a rebranded ProTech.

Fun: HHV, CPG, etc.

Duty: Revision, Gentex, Ops Core, Team Wendy, Crye, etc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bjw182005 View Post
    HHV helmets are decent, and if you are going to be using it simply for training, you are probably going to do just fine. If you're looking for a ballistic helmet that you are going to be trusting your life to, go with a proven and reputable manufacturer. Revision, Gentex, Ops Core, Team Wendy, Crye all offer high cut helmets that are far superior with regards to ballistic protection than these lower cost companies importing materials from china and other third party manufacturers.

I have no experience with Safariland helmets, but their reputation with other armored products is pretty good. It is likely some version of a rebranded ProTech.

Fun: HHV, CPG, etc.

Duty: Revision, Gentex, Ops Core, Team Wendy, Crye, etc.
    Precisely what I was thinking. Thanks for the reinsurance.