Thread: LMT Mars-L Ambi

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)

LMT Mars-L Ambi

Anyone know if the bolt catchers are independent from each other? also, does it need a special bolt carrier to have ambi bolt catch features function properly?

Feedback Score
    The bolt catches are independent. The traditional side bolt catch has a cut out that accepts the ambi side bolt "flapper".

I'm pretty certain you don't need any special bolt carrier.
    Last edited by R.O.U.S.; 10-04-18 at 01:14.

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)
    so they are connected?

Quote Originally Posted by R.O.U.S. View Post
    The bolt catches are independent. The traditional side bolt catch has a cut out that accepts the ambi side bolt "flapper".

I'm pretty certain you don't need any special bolt carrier.

Feedback Score
    Derp. Yeah, they are connected. If you move one, it will actuate the other side.

For some reason I thought you were asking if it was a one piece system like a PDQ.
    Last edited by R.O.U.S.; 10-04-18 at 02:02.

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)
    Ok thanks. then it means theyre dependent on each other.

Quote Originally Posted by R.O.U.S. View Post
    Derp. Yeah, they are connected. If you move one, it will actuate the other side.

For some reason I thought you were asking if it was a one piece system like a PDQ.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    They do not require different bcgs. My favorite lower in the market right now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    The trigger guard area where you press the roll-pin is a little more "meaty" than milspec, some aftermarket trigger guards do not work (KAC and MAGPUL enhanced metal versions that came with the screws instead of the rollpin--the enhanced MAGPUL with roll pin works--no idea what was changed. MAGPUL polymer guards work). The pivot pin can be REALLY tight. I'm still working on fitting one upper/lower together that is actually too tight. They are great lowers, no regrets. If you are buying an MRP to go on top of it, make sure you torque your barrel to spec using the LMT torque wrench tool--if it's not on the gnat's ass you will have issues. I'd like to see what LMT recommends in terms of maximum number of barrel changes you can make on a single set of screws. Personally, I'd want a new set every time if I was going to swap it, they have to stretch a little with as much torque as you need to apply.
    Last edited by ryanm; 10-04-18 at 10:44.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    MARS-L lower's bolt catch has a key where the right hand bolt catch/release lever rides in. It is a neat setup. Any BCG will work.

I dig my MARS-L rifle...to me...it is the best AR15 design. Hands down.

My two go to rifles are LMT MWS 13.5" and the LMT MARS-L