Thread: Back up optic placement?

Feedback Score

Back up optic placement?

I’m curious where people prefer to mount their backup micro dot/MRDS when running a medium power optic?

Do you prefer scope tube/scope mount mounted or a 45 degree offset from the top rail (where many put their sights)?

Which do you find faster? Which is more accurate? Which is more natural? What are the pros and cons of each position?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I thought about going with a red dot as a backup optic after adding LPVOs but decided not to spend the coin. If I did, I was going to use an offset 45 degree mount. One of the biggest draw backs is how high the dot would be if it was mounted on top of the scope. You’ll have like 3 inches of hold over on close range shots which is just weird. Offset keeps it somewhere close to normal holds with a 12 o’clock mounted dot.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand