Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Sling for my Ar Pistol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    I normally love 2-point slings on my ARs, however, I've been favoring a 1-point lately with my SBR and AR pistols.
    I'm a dinosaur and got my start with the military, so I've always used 2-point slings, but having just built an AR Pistol I found that it just seems to go better with a single-point sling attached at the end plate. I didn't go the QD route, just a simple two hole end plate and a cheap clip-on single-point sling. I didn't want to spend much on the sling until I decided if that was what I was going to stay with -- but for a Cheap Chinese Crap sling I was surprised that it seems quite good.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I am pretty happy with the Blue Force Gear Vickers I got recently, the adjustability is great. I run it with a qd at each end and move it to the rifle I am planning on shooting.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I'm kind of suprised that folks are considering single point slings. I am normally a 2 point sling fan, and have both BFG and Magpul slings for my carbine/rifle ARs.

That said, I am planning to use a BFG single point sling on my 11.5" pistol, probably with a QD endplate. I ended up with the sling after failing to read a description thoroughly before ordering.

Feedback Score
    Can the Haley Strategic D3 sling be used by a left handed person? Or is it limited to right handed people?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I'm kind of suprised that folks are considering single point slings. I am normally a 2 point sling fan, and have both BFG and Magpul slings for my carbine/rifle ARs.

That said, I am planning to use a BFG single point sling on my 11.5" pistol, probably with a QD endplate. I ended up with the sling after failing to read a description thoroughly before ordering.
    You'll end up ditching it.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    You'll end up ditching it.
    Consider your point well taken. Cost of running a 2 point sling is zero for me.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Consider your point well taken. Cost of running a 2 point sling is zero for me.
    I thought the issues with single point slings were exaggerated, so when I came across one at a yard sale for $10 I bought it and figured I'd see for myself. After I slapped myself in the nuts for the 3rd time that was all she wrote for the single point sling experiment.

Feedback Score
    I have ran the gamut of old school useless sling, jungle sling, Boonie packer, triple point, single point, etc, over the past 40 years.

For a carbine, two point rapidly adjustable has all the advantages and none of the cons.

But...

At some point, when you you fron SBR / braced pistol to micro,
    For me an 8 ish inch and under barrel,
    I start to lean towards single point again.

I cannot objectively articulate why, nor clearly justify/explain it. YMMV.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    I have ran the gamut of old school useless sling, jungle sling, Boonie packer, triple point, single point, etc, over the past 40 years.

For a carbine, two point rapidly adjustable has all the advantages and none of the cons.

But...

At some point, when you you fron SBR / braced pistol to micro,
    For me an 8 ish inch and under barrel,
    I start to lean towards single point again.

I cannot objectively articulate why, nor clearly justify/explain it. YMMV.
    +1

Pretty much the exact same experiences. While I was active, I was issued a terrible sling system. Can't even remember what it was called. I bought a single point bungee sling but my m4/203 was way to cumbersome. Later we were issued the BFG 2 points. That's when I realized 2 points were much more practical for anything 10.5 or above. However the BFG has a terrible slider. As a civi, I ran the Magpul MS4 for a bit because with the ability to switch between 2 and 1 point was nice. However the Magpul slider is almost too "slidey" (for lack of a better word) and the strap is just a bit too. Now I run the Ferro Concepts Slingster on my work gun (DDMK18). EXCELLENT SLING! Perfect width strap. Slider is just right. They are also fairly priced. I just bought an HSP to run on my rattler in single point. As Ramairthree stated, I think single points shine in conjunction with PDW sized rigs.
    Last edited by Sugar; 06-04-19 at 14:58. Reason: corrected sling model

Feedback Score
    VCAS 2-point. You can point anything on the ends you want to make it work with anything.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast