Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ATF eForm Form 1's are back

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Emonster6x View Post
    I'm not stupid, but I left that block blank and they approved the application. I read in a memo from ATF dated 08/30/2010, where they stated what I said. BUT if it's changed please point me in the right direction so I can comply.
    I'm not at all attempting to imply that you're stupid. ATF has issued contradictory memos in the past. I saw one where they said that you don't have to and they later issued a clarification. Leaving that information out of the block means nothing. Virtually all of my Form 1's are that way. I've been putting my C&R FFL number on my paper Form 1's since I got my C&R. When I just went the e-file route, it wouldn't let me enter my C&R FFL. When I've bought NFA items, dealers have told me that it is required and it isn't required to put my C&R FFL number on it. All have been approved. All that demonstrates is that they're inconsistent. Here's a good read on the subject.
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-get-it-right/
    Please post any other questions you may have. Most everyone here is happy to help.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your guidance. Indeed I am new to this and figured the law was the law. But now I know they change policy at will. I appreciate your knowledge on the subject.

Feedback Score
    In theory the law is the law. However, remember these are the same people who have approved manufacturers to make products, later decide that their previous approval was incorrect and then send people with guns to bust the manufacturers for breaking the law. Countless times they've said that the law allows for certain firearms to be imported only to later say that the same law disallows it. They have virtually unlimited funds and a 97% conviction rate witch is largely achieved by giving people a choice between pleading to a lesser charge or bankruptcy if you defend yourself. The scale of justice is not balanced, so these are not people anyone would want to get on the wrong side of. If they make a rule, you've got to go by it unless you are really rich and want the fight.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emonster6x View Post
    I'm not stupid, but I left that block blank and they approved the application. I read in a memo from ATF dated 08/30/2010, where they stated what I said. BUT if it's changed please point me in the right direction so I can comply.
    27 CFR 479.102

Feedback Score
    There is no difference in the regulations for individuals vs entities. They’re all “makers” (not manufacturers), and the Form 1 is an application to make and register. The CFR mentioned above clearly lays out the requirements for makers.

ATF Ruling 2013-3 also clarified it by quoting the existing statutes. You can read it here, and notice it never differentiates individuals vs entities...just makers: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/ru...earms/download

Feedback Score
    Thanks Guys, I got my SBR engraved here in Orlando by a company that did it with lasers. It looks great! Now I feel better. I appreciate the guidance. Even though I was a LEO, I didn't do gun laws except for 922g cases. It goes to show you can't know it all.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234