Thread: The Donnas

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The Donnas

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Try some Larkin Poe on for size:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAqeBFN4axA
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post

I’m an old school metal head..... loved it. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've been checking out both bands. I'd not heard of either before, and I'm really enjoying both.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    LMT, I know what you mean. I'd never heard of Larkin Poe until a book I was reading referenced them - Holy Ghost by John Sandford. A google search later and I was liking it.

Thanks to Amazon Prime I'm now listening to them in the car. I dont think I've been as happy to find a new group since I finally started listening to the Traveling Wilburys.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post

Very nice 26, thanks for the heads up on these gals. Digging the lap steel.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Cant linky- but yall need to dig on SAMANTHA FISH. Just saw her in Birmingham AL last week...hotter than a $2 pistol, and can play hell out of a guitar.
    Also known for playing cigar box guitars..which she did for us.
    Got a killer band behind her too.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Man I like that Larkin Poe.... love the way that one girl plays slide. Never heard of them. that's a Rickenbacker you don't see or hear every day, that's for sure.

The Donnas were good but the singer didn't have much range. Not sure what they are up to these days. Can't say I've heard of them either.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Cant linky- but yall need to dig on SAMANTHA FISH. Just saw her in Birmingham AL last week...hotter than a $2 pistol, and can play hell out of a guitar.
    Also known for playing cigar box guitars..which she did for us.
    Got a killer band behind her too.
    I've heard she's really good live.

That Larkin Poe band is going to be playing in Charlottesville this weekend with Keith Urban which should be a killer show. He can burn up a guitar too.

They will be at John Paul Jones Arena..... you know... the one named after that bass player from Led Zepplin

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    They were popular in the mid 2000's
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast