G&R Tactical
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Any C&R Collectors?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Interesting article in this month's American Rifleman:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...ht-for-israel/
    "If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse." - Henry Ford

“You are responsible for your actions, but the world doesn’t turn around you, so it’s important that you find something bigger than yourself to work for, a way for you to make a difference.” - Drew Dix, MOH VN '68

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Re: Carcanos,
    They don't enjoy the most appeal among a lot of collectors, but there's a ton of variants and they're cheaper than almost any other WWI-WWII FOWs. One of my friends (and next town over neighbors) wrote the first book in English on Carcanos well before the internet, and probably has the single largest collection of them in North America. He's a wealth of info on them, and his collection is staggering.

Carcanos are actually fairly elegant things, and they're not hard to find. They comprise an important part of my German-capture collection.
    Everything I ever needed to know about islam I learned on September 11th...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I was certain Italian stuff woud take off faster than French stuff.... and Japanese before them both. I was wrong lol

Regardless all of them are supremely interesting once you delve into how and why they were made the way they were

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I enjoy them as well and believe they should be part of a C&R/WWII collection. I just don't enjoy shooting them as much as anything else, even the Mosins. Here's some more:

E3QNd1Vl.jpg

fiquXv5l.jpg

Sorry I am having a hard time selecting a URL that will post a decent sized image on the forum without having to click on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CGSteve; 10-19-18 at 19:25.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    yhW8o5P.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    Question for C&R guys...I'm a basic 01 & do online consignments & what not as a side biz. I certainly do not mind shipping a compliant gun to a C&R but don't keep up with it & understand it's constantly changing.

If I get a question from a C&R asking if I will accept their FFL, I have asked for some sort of verification that the gun is compliant. Most are happy to do so but others say any gun over 50yrs or so is automatically added. I won't ship to those that won't get me something official. Can you explain if there is an official list or what ATF's firm rule is on the matter regarding a guns age vs C&R compliance??

It's really not a big issue for me as it rarely comes up & I'm not going to do anything to affect my FFL by blindly shipping, mostly curious.
    Basically any military firearm older than 50 years is C&R eligible. The ATF’s C&R list is by no means exhaustive and they acknowledge that. The 50 year thing isn’t even hard & fast as my CZ82s are considered C&R and they’re not close to 50 years old - same for many Bulgarian Makarovs, though not all.

That being said, I’ve never thought of using my C&R for, say, a 60 year old Smith revolver, though I don’t know of any reason I couldn’t. Mainly it’s because the stuff I collect is well established as C&R on “the list”.

My small political ask for us C&R guys would be to move the antique firearm date forward a year every year. That would make things simpler yet.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789