Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sicario; day of the soldado Review

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Sicario; day of the soldado Review

Totally worth the time and money to go see.
    Good acting, great action, you will enjoy it. Very dark morality play about what happens to loyalties once you cross the line.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Totally worth the time and money to go see.
    Good acting, great action, you will enjoy it. Very dark morality play about what happens to loyalties once you cross the line.
    I know the plots are different, and we don't have the weak (written the way) FBI agent, but try to compare it to the original. I will still see it regardless, but am curious.

The first Sicario really blew me away when i first saw it as it really stood out in the genre. I had a similar reaction to it as I did when I first saw Heat. Now that we know the 2 main players I doubt I will have the same reaction. But I don't mean to imply that is what it needs to be a good movie for me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Compared to the original.
    The story in the original is a little tighter, the FBI Agent doesn't understand that they are using her, the deal for her was they just needed a badge in order to plausibly deny some cross border killings.
    The second movie; a plot hatched due to some terror inside CONUS. The highest levels of the .gov give Josh Brolin all the money he needs to operate and take him off his leash. The assumption is the Cartels are now in to terror.

There is some deep morality stuff going on toward the end that is very interesting.

Feedback Score
    I will be seeing it this weekend. If it's as good as the trailer I will be happy.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    I want to see it, maybe the end of the weekend.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It was good but I think the original was better.

This was more gunfights and some politics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    I literally just walked out of this movie tonight, but not because it was a bad movie. About 15 minutes into it, 9 kids all under the age of 12 came bursting into the theatre laughing, talking, using their cell phones, etc. They sat in the front and disrupted the whole theatre for about 10 minutes. People left to complain and a theatre employee came in which quieted the kids down for a minute, but soon after they all just got up and walked out making a ruckus on the way out. By this point, I've missed key plot points and can no longer follow the movie. I left and got my money back. Management took care of me so I'll go back later in the weekend on their dime.

Totally frustrating.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I Really liked it. Especially the interesting morality and loyalty areas it explored. Think very much like tom clancys clear and present danger in a modern setting. I think the first one still had a more profound effect on me. Its definitely set up for a third movie which i am excited for.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by donlapalma View Post
    I literally just walked out of this movie tonight, but not because it was a bad movie. About 15 minutes into it, 9 kids all under the age of 12 came bursting into the theatre laughing, talking, using their cell phones, etc. They sat in the front and disrupted the whole theatre for about 10 minutes. People left to complain and a theatre employee came in which quieted the kids down for a minute, but soon after they all just got up and walked out making a ruckus on the way out. By this point, I've missed key plot points and can no longer follow the movie. I left and got my money back. Management took care of me so I'll go back later in the weekend on their dime. Totally frustrating.
    This is why I only watch DVD's in the comfort of my own home. Large screen TV and a good sound system - way better that a movie theater, YMMV.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I saw the movie at 10:00 am yesterday.
    I'm seated center/center in the theatre and some huge, sloppy, fat guy comes with a tray of snack crap, sits at my elbot and asks me to move my tray.
    So, yeah, going anywhere in public isn't much fun anymore.
    Six people in the place and this guy wants to sit next to me?
    WTF?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast