G&R Tactical
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Quick house keeping thread...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,452
    Feedback Score
    0

    Quick house keeping thread...

    A few quick things, first and foremost, I think we have a pretty great selection of people who come to this humble little corner of the internet.

    1- The first group buy went fairly well, and while there were a few small issues, I think it went well enough to do another group buy. This time we will go with a different company, and each time we will try to rotate. There is already a thread for group buy ideas, so I think we are good there. Feel free to update it as you get ideas.

    2- I cleaned up the tacked picture threads, and they are pretty self explanatory. Lets get to posting anything and everything that fits!

    3- I need to start posting more reviews and first looks at items. That is a self critique, and something I will try to get going more often, even if it is just pics and quick thoughts.

    4- I need to know what you guys think about having our own Pay It Forward thread. The one tacked in the AR general section is not moderated, and is AR specific. I have been kicking around the idea of an open PIF thread, where guys can do AR parts, any weapon parts, or anything else that they think someone else might want or be able to use. What do you think? If we have the support, we will make it a tacked thread, and stay on top of enforcement. Ideas, rules, concepts, or whatever you can think of would be great input. I swear I think I need a house mouse at times, but I think we can do this and make it work nicely.

    5- Since we already have a PIF weapon thread elsewhere on the board, would it be better to make a trade thread instead? Again, I'm just looking for ideas and thoughts on how we can make this little slice of heaven a little better for all of us. I think it is going well, and we have a great little section.

    6- I'm going to make a generic thread for guys to comment on current events and things they want to complain about, talk about, have questions about, etc..
    Stick


    Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

    I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...


    Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Ranch
    Posts
    6,698
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    6- I'm going to make a generic thread for guys to comment on current events and things they want to complain about, talk about, have questions about, etc..
    I kind of think those things are handled in GD already. You want the length of content of the Kavanaugh thread, for example, imbedded in an "everything goes" thread?

    I don't think that would work.


    W.I. Thomas: "If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences".

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,452
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I kind of think those things are handled in GD already. You want the length of content of the Kavanaugh thread, for example, imbedded in an "everything goes" thread?

    I don't think that would work.
    Valid point, very valid.
    Stick


    Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

    I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...


    Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Ranch
    Posts
    6,698
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post

    2- I cleaned up the tacked picture threads, and they are pretty self explanatory. Lets get to posting anything and everything that fits!
    What I think might be cool is a "beat up M4" pic thread. I don't see that one has already been posted unless I missed it. I think, though, it should be limited to actual use military/LE/contractor or civilian weapons that have legitimately seen better days, i.e., no fake battle damage or artificial wear pics.

    Unfortunately, I don't have it anymore, but my first BCM I bought in 2010 had considerable legitimate cosmetic wear. Wish I'd taken a pic or three of it before I sold it to help finance another Colt last year.


    W.I. Thomas: "If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences".

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    E. Tennessee
    Posts
    1,343
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I like the idea of the PIF thread but i also like the idea of a trade thread. Due to the site already having a PIF thread, I am leaning towards a trade thread. Thanks for thinking it up. Looking forward to see about the next group buy.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    278
    Feedback Score
    0
    Maybe instead of a "general thread" you could do something like an "ask me anything"thread. You could keep this somewhat firearms related to keep out politics etc if wanted. I value what you have to say in other threads because of your industry knowledge/experience and would find something like that valuable.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    382
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    What I think might be cool is a "beat up M4" pic thread. I don't see that one has already been posted unless I missed it. I think, though, it should be limited to actual use military/LE/contractor or civilian weapons that have legitimately seen better days, i.e., no fake battle damage or artificial wear pics.

    Unfortunately, I don't have it anymore, but my first BCM I bought in 2010 had considerable legitimate cosmetic wear. Wish I'd taken a pic or three of it before I sold it to help finance another Colt last year.
    I think the forum in general has enough pic threads. Not sure a thread for battle worn/work guns has enough mass appeal to merit another limited/gun specific thread.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,452
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Maybe instead of a "general thread" you could do something like an "ask me anything"thread. You could keep this somewhat firearms related to keep out politics etc if wanted. I value what you have to say in other threads because of your industry knowledge/experience and would find something like that valuable.
    Seems pretty doable. I wouldn't have ever thought of anything like that.
    Stick


    Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

    I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...


    Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •