Thread: Shotgun questions

Feedback Score

Shotgun questions

I'm planning on buying a tactical shotgun very soon, are the Benelli M1's the way to go?
    Can I get the same performance from an 870?
    What other options are comparable?
    I know 870's are relatively cheap, what is a good used price on a M1?
    Thanks for your input.

Feedback Score
    For a general purpose 12ga. I have only one recomendation-Remington 870 and Hans Vang. Go with either a gun from Hans, or the 870 P-Max and send it to Hans.
    "Cpl ##### is condescending and abrassive towards coworks who don't follow directions" my favorite evaluation quote........if I'm like that at work, you should see me on the internet .

"Even if I order you to trim your mustache, you're going to totally ignore me, huh".-another favorite supervisor "discussion".

Feedback Score
    I'm of the opinion that everyone should own at least one 870, either a Police Magnum or Wingmaster. I haven't handled the P-Max so I have no opinion either way regarding that model. The Benelli M1 is a great autoloader with prices starting around $650. The only problem I had with the M1 was when using light loads; it would occasionally jam due to the lower pressure.

Multiple shots are a lot easier with the M1 being semi-auto and all.

Options would depend on your mission, but an extended mag tube at a minimum.

IMHO, I would pick up a used 870 Wingmaster (police trade-in or one with an 18" barrel), take the rest of the money you would spend for an M1, and invest it in quality training. Then you will be in a much better position in deciding which options you need.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG19
    I'm of the opinion that everyone should own at least one 870, either a Police Magnum or Wingmaster. I haven't handled the P-Max so I have no opinion either way regarding that model. The Benelli M1 is a great autoloader with prices starting around $650. The only problem I had with the M1 was when using light loads; it would occasionally jam due to the lower pressure.

Multiple shots are a lot easier with the M1 being semi-auto and all.

Options would depend on your mission, but an extended mag tube at a minimum.

IMHO, I would pick up a used 870 Wingmaster (police trade-in or one with an 18" barrel), take the rest of the money you would spend for an M1, and invest it in quality training. Then you will be in a much better position in deciding which options you need.
    Thanks for the info, it helps alot. I was already planning on taking a tactical shotgun class.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info

Feedback Score
    You're welcome.