Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STI Trojan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

STI Trojan

I’m planning on getting a 9mm 1911 for a fun range pistol. I’m looking mainly at Springfield, then DW.
    I have come across a Trojan, very low round count, and has been to Cylinder & Slide for some custom work, but it’s unclear at this time what the scope of work was.
    So I’m going to act like it’s stock, and I’m curious about what to expect from a STI?
    Appreciate any feedback.
    "I would rather be the hammer than the anvil."- Rommel

Owner: Hangar 18 Custom Coatings

Feedback Score
    You can expect it to be a well built 1911 with a cast frame.

If you’re getting it for around $900 then it is a great value in my opinion. Maybe a little more with the trigger parts although I’d prefer to buy stock pistols.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OdinIII View Post
    You can expect it to be a well built 1911 with a cast frame.

If you’re getting it for around $900 then it is a great value in my opinion. Maybe a little more with the trigger parts although I’d prefer to buy stock pistols.
    It’s local to me, the man is definitely not a shooter.... he is asking 1200, and I am not going above 1k.
    Even though C&S is a quality shop, I also wish it was stock. Thanks for the info.
    "I would rather be the hammer than the anvil."- Rommel

Owner: Hangar 18 Custom Coatings

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Trojans are nice but spend good money on mags. It will be probably 1/2 or more what a Dan Wesson will cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I agree, I wouldn’t go over $1000 either.

Georgia Gun Store probably still has a 5” 9mm STI Tactical 2011 for $1100. Someone did some sloppy work undercutting the trigger guard but everything else looked pretty good. They had it last weekend and it’s still on their app. I’d already own it if it was an Eagle or an Edge.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Does STI even make the Trojan anymore? Last time I checked they were doing 2011’s only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The dropped them about a year ago to try to focus on the 2011’s and get the company back on track. They had raised the MSRP to $1499 which to me was too high. I really like the pistol but there are better options for that money.

They are still a great pistol and can be found for <$900. That is a steal in my book!

Feedback Score
    trojan 1911 are these the ones armscor ria made for STI that made them famous.these are the same dipsticks that ran down all other makers.all the while there models were made complete in the phillapines.and then sold as american made.

Feedback Score
    No, you are thinking of the Spartan. It was built by Armscor to STI’s specs and QC’d by STI and was a good pistol for the money.

Like most things in life, you get what you pay for.

Feedback Score
    4 (75%)
    STI is a good gun
    finding the right mags make a big difference to reliability .
    get a Wilson or McCormick for best results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast