Thread: Looking for a little tommy gun help.

Feedback Score

Looking for a little tommy gun help.

Greetings,

I have a Tommy gun that is only a few months old, I am following the instruction from the manual exactly as written. The problem is after I have loaded the twenty round mag (with 230g ball ammo) and release the bolt 90% of the time a round gets jammed. It's so new that the springs are extremely stiff, making opening the bolt a real SOB. I haven't even tried the 50 round drum yet because of this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I've had a Kahr built Tommy since the AWB lifted, my particular rifle prefers brass cased ammo, & to be run heavily lubed..you may also want to try downloading your stick mag by a couple rounds to see if that doesn't help with chambering the first round?? They are great rifles, & far more accurate than I would have ever imagined..(far heavier as well) lol.

Feedback Score
    They are great rifles, & far more accurate than I would have ever imagined..(far heavier as well) lol

I agree with 100% on this. I'll try the extra lube, I just wish there was a tool that will pull back the charging handle without ripping up the palm of my hand. And they are really fun to shoot, actually they are quieter than my .45 pistols.

Feedback Score
    I have an early 90s Auto Ordnance model. It was quite stiff at first and kind of finicky especially with the drum. It has loosened up a bit over the years.

I recently had it out to the range and it ran like a champ. Forgot how much fun it is to shoot. Too bad, .45ACP isn't as cheap as it used to be.

One hint with the drum: a light coating of powdered graphite on all the contact surfaces really smooths out the feeding. Don't need a lot, just apply with fingertips.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba FAL View Post
    I have an early 90s Auto Ordnance model. It was quite stiff at first and kind of finicky especially with the drum. It has loosened up a bit over the years.

I recently had it out to the range and it ran like a champ. Forgot how much fun it is to shoot. Too bad, .45ACP isn't as cheap as it used to be.

One hint with the drum: a light coating of powdered graphite on all the contact surfaces really smooths out the feeding. Don't need a lot, just apply with fingertips.
    Thanks a lot for that, I was wondering if it needed some more time to be broken in. I'll also try the graphite. You are so right, they are really fun to shoot, they actually feel like they have lees recoil than my Para Ordnance 14-45.