Thread: S&B 140 gr 6.5 Creed FMJ BT ammo

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

S&B 140 gr 6.5 Creed FMJ BT ammo

Last Sunday we shot some more LMT MWS gas gun 6.5 CM. Up until this point the 6.5 Creed has been anything but impressive. But we actually enjoyed shooting it Sunday, and had some fun.

Pappabear's barrel has about 300 rounds at this point, and may be starting to settle in. The big surprise was a box of S&B 140 grain ammo that had a very round tip to the bullet. We were calling it a lever gun bullet.

The stuff is apparently around $10 per box of 20. I shot a 5 round group where the first round appeared to be a flyer (no sure what powder is used), but the following 4 shot right near 1/2 MOA.

We guess that the first round fliers are either powder change (bore foul) or the bolt dropping from lock back. No solid evidence of what is happening, but we see it from time to time.

In any case we got this ugly bullet to fly out to 1300 yards with 17+/- mils. I think the low bc bullets are closer to 14+/-. This ugly little bullet shot well at long range with the correct come up. I was hitting the steel with enough predictability that I tried double tapping. (missed low with the second bullet).

Anyway. This ammo is not bad at all.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I’ve not used the S&B, but I’ve been shooting the Hornady Black and American Gunner. I’ve managed to find it for $14/20. The Hornady brass is good for reloading. I may have to try the S&B.

I’m getting 1/2 MOA through my Tikka with Hornady ammunition. I tried a few boxes of the Whitetail ammo with good results.

I’ve had students run the Federal American Eagle 140 gr fairly successfully, too. One guy claimed he got it for $10/20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    50 cents a rd and predicable hits at 1300 yds? I’d call that a win.
    Don’t give up on the 6.5, they are usually shooters IME.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Although we've only shot a box of the S&B, I'd say it can hand with the American Gunner in accuracy. They guy at the counter told Pappabear it would shoot. I looked at the bullet and was like... "yeah right". But it shot.

The MWS crushes 1 out of every 25-50 bullets... Just mashes it into the case. ELDs and now S&B bullets don't seem to be an issue. The overall shape of 6.5cm is probably not super-ideal for auto loading.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I believe the 6.5 Creedmoor was DESIGNED for autoloading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by redpillregret View Post
    I believe the 6.5 Creedmoor was DESIGNED for autoloading.
    We've crushed at least a dozen rounds of American Gunner. Tipped ammo SEEMS to be good, but we've run more of the Gunner. Gassing seems reasonable... not under-gassed for sure, and even with the can on the gun, it's still ejecting smoother than 7.62.

Who knows?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I’ve shot the AG ammo, but from bolt guns not gas guns.
    My 140 ELD-M handloads have fun flawless thru my AR and have been accurate.