Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: WTAF are we doing in Syria?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

WTAF are we doing in Syria?

For serious?

Has our "leadership" not learned its lessons from previous nation-building exercises, the ones that netted the U.S. what, exactly, other than an entry in the Guiness Book of World Records for debt?

What an I missing? Assad's a bad dude? Did Assad fund any of the 19-hijackers? Is he supplying terries with weapons?

So, I'm watching the U.S. and Russia upping the rhetoric, and rattling sabers...for what, again, exactly?

Feedback Score
    Didn't you get the memo? It's okay when a Democrat administration does it silly! It's got to be for some good, right?

If (and it's a big if) we were ever going to do something to Syria it should have been in October of 1983. Sure, we hit the Bekaa Valley with airstrikes and the USS New Jersey's 16" guns but I'm talking something more. Over 3 decades later? Nah, ain't seeing it. Bashar wasn't in charge then, his old man was. Syria was actually an ally in Desert Storm, anyone remember that? Yeah, they're generally shitheads but so is our current POTUS.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    For serious?

Has our "leadership" not learned its lessons from previous nation-building exercises, the ones that netted the U.S. what, exactly, other than an entry in the Guiness Book of World Records for debt?

What an I missing? Assad's a bad dude? Did Assad fund any of the 19-hijackers? Is he supplying terries with weapons?

So, I'm watching the U.S. and Russia upping the rhetoric, and rattling sabers...for what, again, exactly?
    My understanding about this is, the main reason we're getting invloved is so that a natural gas pipeline can be ran fron Quatar through Syria and eventually into Europe. The whole idea is to cut off Russia's primary market for natural gas..Europe. Problem is, Assad is'nt playing ball, so, we'll make him...by throwing him out of his own country..or killing him, whichever comes first, no matter the cost. That's what the U.S. does best, stick our nose in where it dosen't belong, all over the world.
    Last edited by ralph; 09-29-16 at 19:01.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Well, at least that assessment makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    My understanding about this is, the main reason we're getting invloved is so that a natural gas pipeline can be ran fron Quatar through Syria and eventually into Europe. The whole idea is to cut off Russia's primary market for natural gas..Europe. Problem is, Assad is'nt playing ball, so, we'll make him...by throwing him out of his own country..or killing him, whichever comes first, no matter the cost.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    A little Netrunning, and this looks to be a good confirmation, Ralph:

http://armedforcesjournal.com/pipeli...tics-in-syria/

How 'bout that...

Just saw this interesting nugget:

"Qatar’s government committee preparing for the 2022 soccer World Cup gave between $250,000 and $500,000 in 2014. Qatar’s government had previously donated between $1 million and $5 million."
    -Source

So, foreign GOVERNMENTS are donating millions to a presidential candidate, who's going to debate with another presidential candidate, said debate moderated by former member of her Global Initiative? This, simultaneously occurring as a conflict is ensuing which could have dire circumstances regarding a nuclear-armed power, all of which is over a ****ing natty gas pipeline?

Yeah, we TOTALLY can't trust Trump with the "football."

Bros, dark days ahead...
    Last edited by Outlander Systems; 09-29-16 at 19:23.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

How 'bout that...
    Thank you..I've read about this sometime ago, and when you look at the proposed route, it makes sense. As I said, the problem here is Assad. Seeing how Russia is his biggest, perhaps only, benefactor, he's smart enough to know not to bite the hand that feeds him. This is only going to end badly, not only for the Syrian people but for us, and the Russians. You can bet if cankles gets elected, she'll only double down on it, with the possibilty of some nukes being thrown around. The whole thing is pointless, and nothing will be gained.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I just revised my previous post after more digging. I hadn't paid a lot of attention to the Syria situation, until it's started to go south over there, very quickly.

This bitch could get us all lit up in radioactive flame, due to her being compromised by foreign benefactors. ****ing awesome.

Firefly is right. He's been right. The ****ing hag could eat a baby live on stage, and morons would still rock the vagina-vote.

Thank you..I've read about this sometime ago, and when you look at the proposed route, it makes sense. As I said, the problem here is Assad. Seeing how Russia is his biggest, perhaps only, benefactor, he's smart enough to know not to bite the hand that feeds him. This is only going to end badly, not only for the Syrian people but for us, and the Russians. You can bet if cankles gets elected, she'll only double down on it, with the possibilty of some nukes being thrown around. The whole thing is pointless, and nothing will be gained.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My understanding about this is, the main reason we're getting invloved is so that a natural gas pipeline can be ran fron Quatar through Syria and eventually into Europe. The whole idea is to cut off Russia's primary market for natural gas..Europe. Problem is, Assad is'nt playing ball, so, we'll make him...by throwing him out of his own country..or killing him, whichever comes first, no matter the cost. That's what the U.S. does best, stick our nose in where it dosen't belong, all over the world.
    I've been against us in Syria from day one. We have no business interfering with the sovereign rights of nations. I was against us going into Iraq too. All my letters to my senators obviously fall on deaf ears as they tell me they agree with me when they reply, but they don't stop a damn thing like this from happening. America is going to butt it's nose in the wrong business one day, and we're going to regret it. Syria may very well be the place. Dumbass politicians are destroying this nation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Assad is no worst than any of the Other Dictators in the Area, except he has a relationship with Russia that goes back to the Cold War and he refuses to sell out his nation to the US and its Banker/Corporate wishes. If he let them have their Gas pipeline run through Syria to Europe and sell out Russia, all would have been well. Assad is the man, that for years, John Kerry said we could work with. This is all about Money. The Saudis, Qataris, Kuwaitis, and Bahrainis are as bad or worst. These are the scum helping finance and arm ISIS. Turn off CNN and Fox and do a little research.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

How 'bout that...

Just saw this interesting nugget:

"Qatar’s government committee preparing for the 2022 soccer World Cup gave between $250,000 and $500,000 in 2014. Qatar’s government had previously donated between $1 million and $5 million."
    -Source

So, foreign GOVERNMENTS are donating millions to a presidential candidate, who's going to debate with another presidential candidate, said debate moderated by former member of her Global Initiative? This, simultaneously occurring as a conflict is ensuing which could have dire circumstances regarding a nuclear-armed power, all of which is over a ****ing natty gas pipeline?

Yeah, we TOTALLY can't trust Trump with the "football."

Bros, dark days ahead...
    I just lit into a liberal with almost a direct copy of your post.

Her response: "Even if what you said is true it's ok because Clinton isn't racist. Trump isn't inclusive and that is far more dangerous than a war."
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 09-30-16 at 05:58.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast