Thread: Troy Industries Fixed Front Sight GEN 2

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Troy Industries Fixed Front Sight GEN 2

What's going on with this sight? Can't seem to find one anywhere and I've been searching for months now. Looking for a good alternative to the DD fixed front for my MK18 and this Troy Gen2 looks great, however, I don't even see it on their factory website. Did they nix it or what? Thanks for any help.

*EDIT: Found a photo....

Last edited by Jonnyt16; 10-07-18 at 22:22.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Just out of curiosity, is there something about the DD fixed sight you don't like?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Just out of curiosity, is there something about the DD fixed sight you don't like?
    No, not really, and I wouldn't be upset with one at all. Just looks like the new Troy one has an even smaller footprint than the DD which is important since I'm working with limited rail space on the MK18 (I mount a Surefire SR07 switch behind the front sight on all my rigs) plus from what I've heard the DD does not sit all the way forward on the RIS rail and thus losing a tiny bit more of usable rail space. First-world problems yes but ya know....

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Nothing? Guess I'll try shooting Troy Ind. an email to get some info on that thing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyt16 View Post
    Nothing? Guess I'll try shooting Troy Ind. an email to get some info on that thing.
    Please post up whatever you find out.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Please post up whatever you find out.
    Will do.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not even on EBay now that I know what you are looking at.

Based on that, I really wonder if any have been produced after seeing what stuff will go for on there when Midway, Brownells, and similar are out of stock at the same time.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Ok, bad news: Emailed Troy about this Gen2 sight but never got a response after about a week so I decided to call them this morning. Spoke with technical support and they told me they are no longer producing the Gen2. When I asked why they simply said because it didn't sell well. I told him I thought that was strange since it appeared to have a smaller footprint than their first gen sight and he said yes it most certainly did but for some reason everyone kept buying the first gen and not the second gen so they ceased production on it and are only producing the first gen still.

Bummer!